Help, what a plonker!!!!!!!!

Neil.R

Yes. Get your car towed to the nearest garage tomorrow then. It would of been a lot more costly had you started the engine. Now it just needs to be cleared out, and items like the fuel filter changed. Phew...

lift up the back seat, take off the fuel pump cover which is held on by two screws, take off the fuel suply hose, and connect a hose from the pump into a sutiable container(jerry can?) then using a pair of long wires from the battery join it up to the fuel pump terminals, it should take less than five miniutes to drain that amount of fuel out......

BUT be very carefull if you do it like this, i've used this method at the road side a few times...

Yes. Get your car towed to the nearest garage tomorrow then. It would of been a lot more costly had you started the engine. Now it just needs to be cleared out, and items like the fuel filter changed. Phew...

Probably doesn't even need the fuel filter changed if its not been started, as the fuel pump in the tank wouldn't have primed the system. Unleaded will just be in the tank and nowhere else. :)

nah, it'll be alright! just pump out as much of the fuel as you can. then when you're finished run the fuel pump for a few miniutes without starting the engine, this should circulate enough fresh diesel into the system to avoid problems!

Probably doesn't even need the fuel filter changed if its not been started, as the fuel pump in the tank wouldn't have primed the system. Unleaded will just be in the tank and nowhere else. :)

Just out of interest, How much are they mate?

take off the fuel suply hose, and connect a hose from the pump into a sutiable container

Tried it that way before on a PD and it doesn't work, won't get past the lift pump or whatever is in there. Try it fisrt by all means I might be wrong. The best way is to remove the tank unit and pump it or syphon it from there.

to save messing about under the seats , you could take the supply hose off the fuel filter in the engine bay , add an extention pipe down to a suitably large container , then locate the fuel pump relay , bridge the terminals for the lift pump in the tank to operate , this will pump the fuel out , or the safest thing to do is let the dealer handle it , they have the problem of getting rid of the contaminated fuel then

to save messing about under the seats , you could take the supply hose off the fuel filter in the engine bay , add an extention pipe down to a suitably large container , then locate the fuel pump relay , bridge the terminals for the lift pump in the tank to operate , this will pump the fuel out , or the safest thing to do is let the dealer handle it , they have the problem of getting rid of the contaminated fuel then

yes that was one of my original thoughts on this subject too, but i prefer to drain the fuel down at the source rather than pumping it through the pipes and filter which reduces the risk od further contamination.

but i did say Tom , take the supply hose off the filter , therefore no contaminated fuel will get in the filter , and messing about under the back seats with fuel (petrol or diesel) is not really a good idea , although ive had to do it(as you probably have also) on many occasions at work due to the lack of an electric pump in the tank

have you used one of those air powered vacuum pump jobbys that look like r2d2?? we had one of those but there was so many levers and valves i could never work out what to do with them all, it was good tho because it had an internal resovoir to store the contaminated fuel.