Fiesta loan car comments

Oddlegs

Had a Fiesta 1.25 loan car whilst my Fab 1.4 16V was having crunched drivers door fixed, so here's a few

comments for those interested in such things.

Driving - very easy to drive, the missus found it much more so than the Fab. Smaller steering wheel, less roll, tighter handling around corners, but ride quality inferior - too restless for me.

Spec says 74 bhp, felt like it was running out of puff at higher revs, but more torque, so could tootle along in 5th at 30 and still accelerate enough to keep up with traffic - this I liked. No flat spot when moving off or changing up, made squirting out of junctions a lot easier, I'm guessing it may not have a drive by wire throttle

- Skoda please note!

Comfort - No match for the Fab. Seat height adjust is simply a plate that pushes the seat cushion centre upwards and gives one piles. A cheapskate solution IMHO - Micra does the same. Seats are soft and smaller than Fab, even without the bum stiffening adjustment, the seat cushion is flat as to be almost convex, imparting the sensation of sitting on a beach ball. Not as much driver legroom/seat travel as Fab, and nowhere to rest clutch, or accelerator foot - unforgiveable. Gear stick a bit of a reach for leggy bloke like me with seat fully back, but no prob for the Missus. Still, not as nice as having the stick right by ones wrist like the Fab.

Noisy - more road and engine noise, various clicks, squeaks, rattles etc. We know the Fab is not the quietest of cars but getting back in it was bliss, definitely more refined despite the funky engine growl. The Fiesta had around 90 miles on the clock so I was expecting it to be somehow better than it was.

Space and seats aside, the cabin wasn't too bad. Many holes to put stuff in and a more 'modern' ambience, crikey I'm beginning to sound like an interior designer. And, one can see the bonnet from the drivers seat!

Bottom line - nice to have the Fab back!

I had a Focus 1.4 "Sport" as a loan car when I ****ed the sump on the Octy :mad::mad:

"Sport" my *** :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good handing - maybe. It tried to bite me in the middle of a corner on the A82 on Loch Ness :eek::eek::eek:

Perfomance - POLEEZE - after a remapped 1.8T? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

it's always nice to get back into your own car after using a coutesy car! last time i was given a courtesy car i go a Matiz and i felt like crusty the clown driving that thing!! oh and most of the fords made from about 2001 onwards have got drive by wire

Had a New micra as a Loaner while my door was being fixed. Was very surprised at how big it was inside, plastics were rubbish but very spacious inside. It only had a 1.2 engine, but would move along on the highway at 80 Mph and not as noisy as I was expecting. I was quite impressed with the performance considering my starter motor probably puts out more power. :)

" No flat spot when moving off or changing up, made squirting out of junctions a lot easier, I'm guessing it may not have a drive by wire throttle

- Skoda please note!"

sorry to disappoint you ,but it has drive by wire throttle

A shame then, that Skoda can't get that bit right if Ford can. I rarely stall the Fab now I'm well used to it, but a nice car would be made even better without the flat spot.

Or, am I being over critical, does it bug no-one else?