Clutch Slip

Has any one any suggestions. Octavia Estate 2.0 TDI just fully run in (1800 miles) and full throttle used for the first time. In 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear the clutch starts to slip from approx 3000rpm. The revs climb rapidly with no matching increase in speed and then the revs fall back as the clutch holds. Needless to say my foot is nowhere near the clutch pedal whilst this happens.

I had a similar problem a very long time ago with a brand new Ford Anglia 105E, the clutch started to slip in under a 1000 miles, and totally failed as I parked it in the dealer's yard. They had to push it into the workshop.

Turned out the clutch plate had been assembled back to front.

Definitely an immediate fix under warranty is needed.

Thanks for your comments. Car goes into dealer on Monday but I was really checking to see if this is a known problem or whether I have a one off. If it is a known problem with the 6 speed manual coupled to the 140bhp engine it will be helpful to have some information in advance.

I had a similar experience on my 54 plate Octy 2 at 14000 miles, slipping in 4th - 5th at approx 2000rpm, although no sign when accelerating through this in 2nd or 3rd

The result was a complete new clutch assembly including master cylinder and flywheel at the first service - 18k, fully covered under warranty of course.

In addition a new instrument binacle was also required- apparently a terminal fault was detected when analysed. Whether both problems were linked is unknown.

Had the exact same issue with my Ex demo Octy2 Sport 140, anything above about 3000rpm if you planted your foot it slipped like mad, cluth was also sticking down in mine as well... went back to dealers for a new cluth under warranty

Thanks for all the replies. The car is bog standard. The dealer has confirmed the problem but not sure of cause so the car has been left with them and I am now using a 1.6 petrol five speed manual. I rather doubt that would slip even with a clutch fault!!! Cruises nicely but a bit slow getting there.

I will post details of the problem when it is finally solved.

looks like I'm not the only one with a clutch problem with the octy 2.0tdi - though mine doesn't slip it just judders when setting off.... Looks like theres been quite a few new clutches gone into 2.0tdi from reading on here.