Don't You miss the left foot rest in the UK?

I'm sorry about this silly question but I feel I must put it! :)

It's related to one of the few things that cannot be the same on cars with right side fitted steering wheel and left side fitted ones.

When I saw a photo recently of a car from the UK I noticed that the foot rest is installed on the right side of the floor, just behind the right front wheel. OK, it's the mirror of the "continental" cars, but it's next to the accelerator, not the clutch pedal! The accelerator gives permanent job to the right foot, so it can't have too much rest except when cruise control is activated.

Don't You feel uncomfortable on long journeys, having no place to rest Your left foot?

I have foot rests on both sides of my 06 MY Elegance. When putting both feet away from the pedals it reminds me of free-wheeling on my old BMX down a hill with both legs sicking out whilst the pedals spin !

Left and right foot rests on mine, with the centre arm rest it enables the "lounge position" to be engaged on quiet motorways with cruise control on :D

My first Octy had one on the left as well :confused:

Mine too. Left foot rest essential with DSG, and I do use the right one sometimes when I've got the cruise on :eek:

yea, same here. switch on the CC, put both feet up and chill!!!!!!