under-bonnet soundproofing

Oddlegs

Hmm didnt know the non-vRS ones didn't have it ?

I got additional sound proofing on mine - search for soundkiller on the internet, that's where I got mine from.

Also you can buy a PDxxx under-engine-cover foam sound absorber. Got that too :)

VRS is far quieter that the next PD diesel down the range. I was VERY impressed with how quiet the VRS is when I drove the two back to back (and the same against a POLO PD I drove half an hour later) but I didn't take any notice at the time of what apparent differences there were - there is clearly something very significant about VRS soundproofing thats different to the other diesels though.

Personally I didnt think there was any more, but as said you can buy some from SEAT that mutes the clatter a fair bit. I've also got soundkiller soundproofing fitted under the carpets inside the car, boot has also been done, which worked out well now I've got the donut tank in for the LPG ;)

Worth remembering that this may well increase the underbonnet heat problem a little, so pikey mods may be useful :D