Portsmouth RR Day - Evening before meet

VRStu

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about breakfast? for those that can't make the evening but don't mind an early start.

Leave early anyway Mike and we'll 'guide' you in :thumbup: .

Stu is trying to find a decent stop for breakfast that will have enough parking for us all........not easy in Portsmouth!.

Here are the details -

Those staying over and those wishing to join us for a few sociable beverages on Friday the 19th we will be located at -

Travelodge Portsmouth Hotel

Kingston Crescent,

Garfield Road,

North End

Portsmouth

PO2 8AB

Google Map - Google Maps

Meet up in the attached bar (Sovereigns Bigsteak Pub/Restaurant) at 8pm. Once there and depending on mood, finances and SWMBO's we may decide to hit the town. If you think you may arrive later and would like me to keep you posted on movements feel free to PM me a mobile number.

The breakfast meet will be at Sainsbury's Farlington which opens at 7am. I would suggest a meeting time of around 8am to give us time to force a few bits of pig down our necks before moving up to JKM for a 9am start.

Sainsbury's is located just off the main A27/M27 and pretty close to JKM. They have 651 parking spaces so I don't think that should be an issue :D

Sainsbury's Farlington

Fitzherbert Road

Farlington

PORTSMOUTH

Hampshire

PO6 1RR

Google Map - Google Maps

For those that might want a hearty slurp of V-Power prior to the festivities there is a Shell service station almost adjacent to Sainsbury's and is one of the most reasonably priced in the area.

Shell Farlington

Eastern Road

Farlington

Portsmouth

PO6 1UW

Google Map - Google Maps

There are cash points located at the Sainsbury's and the Shell station.

JKM is located at -

JKM MOTOR SERVICES LTD

BOLDE CLOSE

COPNOR

PORTSMOUTH

HAMPSHIRE

PO3 5RD

Google Map - Google Maps

Our very own webpage - JKM Performance Engineering....ECU Tuning

At the time of posting there is one family room available for the princely sum of £15 - PM makefish for info.

I am staying here now folks - Express By Holiday Inn PORTSMOUTH-GUNWHARF QUAYS

I am in London at the moment and left the car at home in the end, so I am flying back to Liverpool on friday, picking up the car and driving back down. If I don't make the evening meet (should catch the tail end) I will see you all for brekkie :)

Update -

Just added the Tiger Tiger 50% Discount Voucher for download in the first post.

Also I believe there is still a room available at the Travel Lodge for the princely sum of

it's not flash m8 :)

I spend half my life in hotels and have a lot of Holiday inn points to use up, and free is a happy price :D

Ahhh, the Priority Club card :)

I reckon if I had a pound for every travelodge/HIexpress/Travel inn etc I'd stayed at I could afford leather seats:)

Going to have to pull out from this and the RR as the insurance co want the hire car back and are now being a bunch of unmentionables :(

There is a train station right next to JKM if you wanted to just come for a natter, I know you like the train :P

Tiger Tiger - Welcome To Tiger Tiger - TigerTiger

Not been there myself either Stuart. The reason I added the leaflet is that it is in Gunwharf so if people head off down there it would make things cheaper.

Not sure if we'll want to go there - whats the general consensus?

Not really worried, I just fancy having a plan & somewhere reosnable rather than the nearest pub we can find, not being local can any locals recomend any other options.

Note Tigers dress code is Smart Casual - no ripped jeans, no sportswear, no trainers

Re restaurants what others are close to the hotel, Im guessing some wont want to drive, we will have 3 spare seats going to wherever but cant guarantee we will be there at the end depending on what time it finishes to ferry people back.

What else is there in Gunwharf, I know theres a chineses eat as much as you can but havent tried anywhere else.

Im just thinking with potentially a large group we might need to book somewhere, I dont really fancy walking from place to place trying to find a table & ending up eating late. it might also pee off the ladies