How To Remove Standard Head Unit???

VRSDanny

Hey guys, cannot seem to find pins anywhere, and dont really fancy a journey all the way to Skoda just to have my head unit removed, is there anywher ei can buy the correct pins? or can i remove it with some kind of paperclip bodge:P lol.

Any help or advice appreciated,

Thanks.

having took my brothers out the other night with the correct tools but still had to strip the dash , i will tell you how to do it

1, pull off the heater surround panel , this is quite easy to do , start at one end and pull , you will now be able to access the bottom of the side trims

2, next pull out the trims either side of the radio , these are quite tight , but seem sturdy enough not to break if pulled hard

3, you will now be able to see a couple of squarish holes either side of the radio , you will need a long, thin screwdriver now , push the screwy through the hole nearest the middle of the radio side and push the shiny steel clip in , you should be able to pull the radio out slightly on that side ,repeat for the other side and the radio should be free

HTH

I think the actual removal tool is only a couple of quid from Skoda....... Might be mistaken though.

Cheers

Dave.

They are cheap as chips:thumbup: Shame that my local dealer wouldnt sell me them though as he said "its against policy - because its a security thing" and that it will cost

• 2 months later...
Yes.

Drop the glovebox down, drill you hole and then feed the wire in.

Did mine like so:

(removed light, used hacksaw/stanley's knife to remove a small part of the light to put the wire through, feed the wire through and then clip light back in, then there is no large holes easily visible:D )

13614.attach

13615.attach

13616.attach

I used the Kenwood removal tools to get mine out. Halfords sell them for about £3 I think. They just slot in the front in the 2x rectangular slots, you twist them a bit and pull backwards. Out comes the head unit.