Removing rear 'OCTAVIA' badge, possible or are there holes?

pietch

My Octy does not have the rear 'Octavia' badge, and only has the '1.9 TDI' badge.

I can't see any holes for where the original Octavia one was attached, so I would imagine they are just stuck on with a bit of doublesided sticky tape.....

As for the actual removal process of the badge, I would not like to comment....

Various methods to remove, but try warming the badge / tape with a hairdrier first to soften the glue, then either pull the badge off, or pass some fishing line or similar underneath the badge being very careful not to catch the paint. Then use some tar remover to get the residue off.

Removing the OCTAVIA letters, '4x4 turbo' and 'Elegance' badges was my first mod. I have always found the best way is to simply use boiling water to soften the adhesive and carefully peal away the badge using my fingers. It will take a while and several trips back to the kitchen to boil the kettle! Watch those finger nails though!

would you do better to use the steam from the boiling water, rather than pouring boiling water over the paintwork? Obviously that means boiling the kettle out by the car.....

• 2 weeks later...

On all my cars i've debadged them by bioling a full kettle, running out to the car with it, and slowly pouring it over the badge, stopping every few seconds to wiggle the badge. By the bottom of the kettle the badge slides right off. Last time i was really lucky and had nearly NO residue afterwards.

Autoglym intensive tar remover is my choice for getting rid of it. i tried white spirit once, and it was a total waste of time.

I did this to mine a while ago. I used the hairdryer method then carefully prised the letters off using a credit card type thing behind them. Then cleaned off the sticky stuff left behind.