Skoda Speaker Adapters

Following on from what I said a few weeks ago (http://www.briskoda.net/forums/octavia/speaker-connector-part-number-required/67377/2/#post778013), I finally bought some speaker adapter leads to fit my new Pioneer TS-G1749 speakers up front from a company called Nexxia (http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Speaker_adaptors/skoda.htm). The parts turned up extremely promptly and did exactly what they said on the tin. I was most impressed - it was quite a surprise to a hardened cynic like myself who expects something to go wrong at every stage! If only the speakers (bought from Pixmania) had turned up when they were promised...

Anyway, for anyone who's interested, the whole removal / refitting thing took me about 10 minutes from start to finish, which considering how singularly untalented I am at DIY, is quite impressive...

I didn't take the door card off; I prised off the speaker covers, unscrewed the fitted speakers and got them out through the gap - barely! I then used the connectors I bought and popped the pioneer speakers in, which being just a little bit smaller (by about 2mm) popped through the gap nicely. Job well done! The hardest job was getting my cold frost-bitten fingers to pull the old speaker connections apart!

It only takes about 5 minutes to take the door card off anyway....! but when I put mine back on, I forgot about the light at the bottom of the door - which is now probably swimming in water due the plastic menbrane not working properly!

Hey Sidney,

did you manage to get your speakers to fit without cutting any of the membrane away then?

I'd be interested in uprating my speakers if I could get some that drop straight in without risking leaky doors etc! (Just about every speaker related thread I've found in here says you have to cut it away and that hardly any speakers will fit without :thumbdwn: )

The Pioneer's are full range and an improvement - but not a mindblowing one (see http://www.briskoda.net/forums/octavia/pioneer-ts-g1749-speakers/69433/ ). I disconnected the factory tweeter, and just ran with the new speakers, on the assumption they are a better setup all round. So far I'm happy enough with the difference - you'll be the first to hear otherwise!

PS: I bought the speakers from Pixmania for £26 (& P&P) - they turned up days later than promised though - although that might just be the post Christmas postal situation...

I'm quite tall, so I found with the seat right back I was getting an earful of treble out from behind me, so I assumed that would be plenty enough for my liking! Mind you, I really haven't had time to settle in with the new speakers (less than an hour over 3 days) so you could well prove right!

• 1 month later...

I have to do this too, from past experience with other cars am loathed to cut the membrane or door itself (as it appears there is some metal work behind part of where the speaker would sit blocking decent speaker fitment. What lines are you thinking along pixelmassacre? I was thinking of trying to fins some speaker brakets to bing out the speaker slightly (into the car) does anyone know if you can get these?

Guys, What speakers are you putting on the rear factory location? Is there is some type of adapter in order to fit bigguer speaker on the rear factory location?

THX,

Isaac