Group buy : Dubmeister pressed alloy show plates

schrickvr6

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just checked out the plates on dubmeister. Can you go for any combination you like within this group buy? I would like the GB in the blue bit to the left of the reg, also the Skoda bit (being added as an option soon) that was mentioned in the first post does that relate to having the writing at the bottom of the reg?

If it all makes sense to me and it's still open I would be interested.

Hey pixi,

You can have it with or without the GB banding (the blue bit), that's up to you.

They don't do them with writing along the bottom of the plate, i'm guessing the font would be too small to press, I was refering to the skoda plate holders/surrounds similar to the ones in Quintens GB.

C__DocumentsandSettings_Administrat.jpg

Hey pixi,

You can have it with or without the GB banding (the blue bit), that's up to you.

They don't do them with writing along the bottom of the plate, i'm guessing the font would be too small to press, I was refering to the skoda plate holders/surrounds similar to the ones in Quintens GB.

C__DocumentsandSettings_Administrat.jpg

Yes, the surround is what I meant sorry. So Skoda ones will be available then? Are there likely to be any pics of these available before commitment? I've been having a play on the website and they definetely need surrounds.

I am very interested :)

:o:doh: Sorry.

Yep, I'll have a pair :)

01. schrickvr6 x1 pair

02. Quinten x1 pair

03. vRSLen X 1 pair

04. simonsheil x 2 pair

05. apinner x 1 pair

06. Mike vrs x 1 pair

07. Lummox x 1 pair

08. Pix - 1 pair

Unfortunately im going to drop out of the Group Buy as i've bitten the bullet and ordered up a set from Dubmeister, i've been in contact with them the last few days about certain preferences with banding etc. and decided to order them whilst on the phone, Just I can't really see the GB getting the numbers required at the moment unfortunately, so I went ahead with it, but, il post a pic up of mine when I get them in,

Apologies and Thanks,

Michael

Ammended List-

01. schrickvr6 x1 pair

02. Quinten x1 pair

03. vRSLen X 1 pair

04. simonsheil x 2 pair

05. apinner x 1 pair

06. Lummox x 1 pair

07. Pix - 1 pair

:D

Yes, if you stick to UK font and UK banding (or no banding at all), they are legal. The law stipulates that the plates need a certain level of reflection, not what material they need to be made off.

So these definetely have an appropriate level of reflection?

Well, mine Arrived today and I simply couldn't compliment Dubmeister enough on the excellent service I recieved, Nevermind the superb quality of the plates!

Needless to say I am very impressed :D As you can see in the Pics, I also opted for one of the excellent Czech numberplate surrounds for the rear plate (that Quinten is currently selling), and I think it sits in very well with the Euro Plates.

When ordering I enquired about getting Czech Banding (CZ) on the side of each place instead of GB or D as in the listed options, but, I stated that if it was not possible I would be happy with GB. Dubmeister supplied me with GB banding but also included in the box CZ banding Decals that I can put on myself if I liked it, but have yet to change them.

Here's a few pics of them, The cars away getting the VRS wheels painted Anthracite, but, once its back il post a few pics of them fitted :D -

index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=viewimage&img=399399&md=1

I also bought the German WOB Plakette and Stadt kit for the proper Euro Look and am glad I did so as I thought that without it the gap between the Letters & Numbers on the plate was a bit too much.

index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=viewimage&img=399401&md=1

And All stickered up with the Rear Czech Plate Holder-

index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=viewimage&img=399402&md=1

Hope you like them and hopefully it helps get the group buy up to the correct numbers now that everyone can see what they will be getting :D

Thanks, Its German FE font, Im really impressed with them,and as I said, if you look at the pics I definitely think you need the tax decals in the middle of them to fill the gap between the numbers and the letters.

Just undecided as to whether to go for the CZ banding or stick with the GB Banding???

They do look good, how well to they bend? I know when i fitted mine the front reg mount forced the reg plate to curve a little, does the metal have enough flexability before it destorts?

How do you fix them on if you've not got the reg plate holders? Guessing you cant really drill them?>