120cm long package from IKEA / Fabia hatchback boot space...

I've been looking on the web for the dimensions of the boot in the Fabia. All I see are values in Litres.

I have to get a package that is 120cm x 60cm x50cm from IKEA and wanted to pick it up in the Fabia (hatchback)

Do you think a 120x60x50 cm package going to fit in the back? I will not have any passengers, so I can put the seats down...

My car is parked up outside in the rain, and I have no tape measure here to measure it myself and wanted to know before I bother to make the journey to IKEA :)

Any help appreciated...

It will take a whole fabia bonnet lengthways with the seats down, and the front seats not pushed forward out the norm. :)

It's quite a good size. :)

Forgot to say this was with no seats at all, which frees up room as you don't have the flappy cushion bits pointing upright.

I managed an Ikea cabinet that was just over 6ft. Also it was 3ft wide.

Gear changing was difficult, but managed it with the boot closed. Touched both the windscreen and the glass in back though. Plus passenger.

I was impressed.

For longer packages I think you can recline the passenger seat flat

Back when I had a mk2 Ibiza I once had to transport some 2m long by 50cm wide shelf units. I had to take the passenger seat out of the car.:eek: Luckily this was a 2 minute on an older car with no seat air bags or anything. Did that a few times for various stuff.

Its a bit late for this time but I would think that a 120x60x50 cm package might fit across the back seat, if you can fit it through the door opening.

i've had an Ikea double bed frame in the car , 200cm long x 75cm wide package , plus 2 lots of wooden slats and steel centre beam , bedding and a pot plant , had to drive home leaning at a funny angle though

had to borrow a van for the mattress , that would of been just daft trying to get that in the Fabia

Ikea flat packs are wonderful things; they turn any vehicle they come into proximity with into a TARDIS. One only has to pass J9 of the M62 to see this in action.

I once got three 2m x 0.6m wardrobes into a Rover Metro and drove it for 90 miles.

whats really funny is watching people trying to get stuff in the back of cars , when you know they've got no chance , and the 2 kids and wife/husband/granny etc are thinking ,"if that goes in where am i sitting" :rofl:

Ikea flat packs are wonderful things; they turn any vehicle they come into proximity with into a TARDIS. One only has to pass J9 of the M62 to see this in action.

I once got three 2m x 0.6m wardrobes into a Rover Metro and drove it for 90 miles.

that's a long way! i hope there were no screws missing when you got them home...

talk about over packing, i took these (blurry) pics in India.. a massive crop of sugar cane being transported by a 3 wheeled tuk-tuk...

...and later on that day i seen a family of 5 on a moped! :o ...i wish i had my camera ready for that :(

13022.attach

13023.attach