Laurin & Klement discontinued

Thats the sort of picture I was hoping to see but I didn't really bother looking for one (t'was late)

It actually looks nice and it's quite obvious Skoda want the car to look more luxo-barge than sports hatch.

I'll still need to see them in the flesh to be 100% convinced. If they look OK then thats the next Octy for me.

@MagicVrs - They match the leather, so shouldn't show up the dirt too badly (unlike the vRS seats).

Personally, I can really see much of a reason for having alcantara, when full leather is available for no extra cost. I guess alcantara might feel warmer in cold weather, but the car has heated seats, so I can't see that being a problem.

Bagpuss.

I'm sooo gutted!!!!!!!!! Just took delivery of mine just after Xmas!! I would have liked all the extra options...as its not much over the Elegance!!

Oh well...can't change it now! Plus I'm assuming that will kinda devalue my car a bit in resale as the lower specced version!

Just checked on drive the deal...with the pearlescent paint option with all the standard trim...on the new octy L&K 140 its £17800...i paid £17600 for mine (with esp added)!

I'm soooo gutted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alcantara upholstery:

Alcantara material, though man-made, has the look and feel of suede and stands up well to severe use - from the website of the manufacturer of the material

I ordered a 1.9TDi L&K with ESP on 13.01.07 so am going to see my dealer, anyone else had an answer as to what is happening to factory build orders like that? After all I seriously doubt mine has been built yet as I given a minimum of 12 weeks for delivery from then.

I ordered a 1.9TDi L&K with ESP on 13.01.07 so am going to see my dealer, anyone else had an answer as to what is happening to factory build orders like that? After all I seriously doubt mine has been built yet as I given a minimum of 12 weeks for delivery from then.

I orderen my 2.0TDI DSG L&K estate in Norway on 10.01.07 and was told it will be in production week 8 and delivered 3-4 weeks later. If this is correct it will be delivered approx 10 weeks from signing the contract.

Ordered mine on the 18th Jan, and the build slot is in week 8. Going in (again) to try to sort it all out, and get the 'proper' L&K. What I think I have on order now is an Elegance with the luxury pack, hence it has cream leather listed on the order.

Just checked the drive the deal prce again.............Price for the new one is about £100 more than I paid for the old. I think for the extras, I'm happy to throw in another £100 if need be!

As for the interior, the gray is foul, to its going to be black. Canf find any info on the Skoda website stating a choise of Alacantra or onyx leather, just one mentioned in one place, and the other in another. Anybody got any hard info that I can take to the dealers with me? They seem as confused as I am!

Phil

Just hope I can get everything sorted out.

@storm monkey - Skoda retailer support has all the information on the new L+K, including details of the Onyx leather/alcantara stuff. I know, as my local dealer was able to get the information from them, so he could tell me.

If you dealer doesn't know, then get them to give retailer support a call.

Bagpuss.

@MagicVrs - They match the leather, so shouldn't show up the dirt too badly (unlike the vRS seats).

Personally, I can really see much of a reason for having alcantara, when full leather is available for no extra cost. I guess alcantara might feel warmer in cold weather, but the car has heated seats, so I can't see that being a problem.

Bagpuss.

I can give you two great reasons

1, Grip, you don't slide around half as much on alcantara

2, Sweaty bum!, the last summer I used a car with it, I didn't get anything like one on alcantara, shame I couldn't say the same when I had my Omega CDX or Cherokee ltd.

However I have noticed on high mileage stuff it doesn't wear anything like as well as leather tho.