what would it take to make yours even better

Octygone

Estate body option, properly designed non self-destruct front suspension, better seats, decent radio (RF FM performance poor), fewer electronics and none on the floor where they get wet, no water leaks through door cards or pollen filter, proper plenum chamber drains which don't get blocked, chain cam engine, key slot light for steering lock, CLOCK WHICH IS VISIBLE TO ALL, TELLS ONLY THE TIME, ALL THE TIME, boot light which, on the saloon is not covered up when you lift the mat to access the spare (try this in the dark), ignition key small enough to fit my pocket, decent jack & wheelbrace, lower depreciation, 5/7 year guarantee to match the third world cars................that should do for now.

And competent dealers.

rotodiesel. (VAG - you listening?)

Mine would be better if they got rid of the stupid auto wipers, there great when its raining but crap when you first get in the car on a cold morning and your windows are cold and have mist on them, the auto wipe doesn't detect the mist and you have to use full wipe which after a few wipes is too much, but when you turn back on the auto wipers the windows mist up again and its still not detected so you have to put full wipe back on and so forth till your windows are warm, annoying! also I thought the aero wipers were getting unfair stick on here until I had to use them in the snow and again they were crap till they had warmed up of the screen, mine would set in the position they were in when they stopped, when you used them next they wouldnt flip so the blade was being pushed up the screen juddering and hardly moving anything and pulled down the screen leaving streaks! apart from that I wouldnt change anything except I'd like a factory fit mp3 player or at least a stereo with an mp3 input

Bryanp

Estate body option, properly designed non self-destruct front suspension, better seats, decent radio (RF FM performance poor), fewer electronics and none on the floor where they get wet, no water leaks through door cards or pollen filter, proper plenum chamber drains which don't get blocked, chain cam engine, key slot light for steering lock, CLOCK WHICH IS VISIBLE TO ALL, TELLS ONLY THE TIME, ALL THE TIME, boot light which, on the saloon is not covered up when you lift the mat to access the spare (try this in the dark), ignition key small enough to fit my pocket, decent jack & wheelbrace, lower depreciation, 5/7 year guarantee to match the third world cars................that should do for now.

And competent dealers.

Glad you like your car :D

And competent dealers.

Don't buy a VAG vehicle?!?!?

Luckily, mine's not personal transport so much as a workhorse. I got the engine I wanted on a galvanised platform heavy enough to tow my trailer for a good price, so I'm happy - think of it as you would a van. After all, taxi drivers like them. Most of the time I drive something else.

A few more things whilst I'm at it: Saloon - proper folding back seats instead of the joke setup, get rid of the dual mass flywheel (I don't fancy a

Little silly things in my book really.

Folding rear seat would make this car A1, easily accessible parts i.e. headlight bulbs,

Slightly longer seat belts that go round infant car seats easily...only discovered this flaw a few days back.

Maybe a rear wash wipe, but that would take away the nice lines the car has

I love this car to pieces mainly because of the V6 roar

I say I'm a good judge after owning a Fabia, Octy 1 TDI, Octy 1 vRS, and an Octy 2

I agree rear wash wipe would look terrible but my god does it need it! A proper folding seat arrangement where the squab lifts as opposed to the last minute poor excuse that is fitted now. It's only spoken of highly because the alternative is no folding seat at all. A less 'chrome heavy' front grill although it looks like they may have remedied that with the face lift model, and spotlights in the under bumper corners like the A4 which I think would lower the stance and get rid of its 'top heaviness'. Oh yes, the 4.2 V8 squeezed in as well!

Some marketing of the Superb by Skoda would help. I've never seen an advert for the Superb. Partly due to the absence of decent marketing, I feel the Superb has a bit of an identity crisis. Is it nothing more than just a stretched Passat? Does it compete with the previous A6 which shares it's platform? Does it offer more room than an E-Class? Propective buyers are probably somewhat confused as to what the Superb competes with. Come to think of it, so am I!:confused: As a result, the residuals are hideous, as I am now finding out.:o

I agree about the rear wiper. Yes they aren't the most attractive things, but the rear screen could really do with one.

Rotodiesels comments are interesting. I am guessing that most of those issues are ones inherited from the Passat? In which case, it would have been useful to have solved them in the Superb in the beginning.

Ho-hum!

As I say Mr B it would look awful but in an ideal world would be practical!!

LOL!!!!

Well I would happily take looks over practicallity any day of the week......probably just me though!!

You've still not said what would make yours better Mr B???....standard not mods:P

Well, I am not one for wanting something more from a car that I purchased through my own choice, otherwise I would have bought something else.

What I wanted the Superb to have I have now pretty much fitted and those things I still want I could only have had with more money to spend on the Elegance / Edition 100 spec.

But if I did have to mention a few things then I would of said:

3 Spoke Steering Wheel;

Folding Rear Seats;

Day-time Running Lamps;

AFS Headlamps;

Coming from an Octavia, here's a few little things I miss

Driver stowage. Where am I supposed to keep my bottle of water?

And that little pocket on top of the dash was sooo handy....

That little clip on the windscreen for the parking ticket

As I say, little things. But I only have it a few days, give me time.....

A blanking panel that pulls down infront of the stereo / sat nav. I had this in a Laguna years ago. No-one knows if you've the factory fit radio cassette or sat nav or something really special. Make it electrically open and close when the ignition key is inserted.

Get rid of the 'hump' in the back floor. It is not rear wheel drive so should be possible to have a flatter floor. This would then allow for proper folding rear seats

Wider wheel base and lower stance

Split air conditioning so I do not have to cook whenever the wife's in the car

Estate version, parking ticket holder, plenum chamber that doesn't turn into a portable garden, instant heater like on the Audis, visual parking sensors front and back ( like in a Mercedes ), more Skoda design and less hand me downs from VW Passat

Estate with lifting rear seat squab

Rear wash wipe

Heated front windscreen - I had this on a Scorpio, it's excellent

Bigger fuel tank

I agree on the heated front window - the only bit of my Focus saloon that I miss (also heated washer jets). That would make up for what I find is an incredibly long time for the heating system to be warm enough to demist quickly.

Also a better radio with MP3 input; rear seat squab that lifts for flat load space; better head lights; better seats with proper lumbar support; a decent 2.0TDI without DPF problems and with 16 valves - or even a 16-valve 1.9TDI or at least a quieter one. I have sympathy over the rear wash/wipe as the back window does get hard to see through in the rain at low speeds

I do like the auto wipers and would miss them - they are better than a totally manual system ! Also like the cruise control (would like radar-adaptive system) and the sheer space.

Hoping the 2008 model looks as good as the previews, is as good as it looks and is within my leasing allowance !

Dont want to drop to a Passat, whatever the issues we have with the current Superb !