Under bonnet insulation

Do you mean inside the bonnet lid or some additional sound proofing?

Yep, the one on the underside of the bonnet lid.

I thought it might be diesels only, but I think the photos on Parkers include an FSI?

I would get it checked out with your dealer as I'm almost certain it's meant to be there, perhaps have a look at one in the showroom or demo model to confirm your suspiscions?.

I called them late last week - they thought that is shouldn't be one, but I asked them to check.

I haven't heard back yet, so will chase this week.

Got my petrol vrs on Saturday. What an improvement on the old Leon :D Anyway, I don't have the insulation either. It sounds as if they have started not putting it on. Is it there only for sound proofing? Is it so we hear the engine better when we give it some wellie?

• 1 year later...

Picked up a new Octavia vRS today in Sydney, Aus ... no under bonnet insulation although the clips are there.

The dealer checked other cars and they all have it except for the other vRS in the showroom.

Doesn't seem right ...

Does it actually do anything for the good when it is fitted?

The underside of the hood certainly picks up the dirt after two years of gentle driving.

It reduces heat from the engine being passed into the bonnet (hood) which overtime can effect the paint finish. They also reduce resonating sound in the bonnet itself being passed through the car. I am hoping for a reduction in incar noise levels after I fit one.

Cheers

Dave.