Carbon fibre dash kit

I'm collecting my wee Fabia vRS this Friday. Can hardly wait!

Almost everything about the vRS pleases me. One feature that doesn't, however, is the slab-like dash. I'd like to fit a carbon effect dash styling kit. These are available from Germany on ebay and from Direct Parts in the UK. There appears to be two types - thin section and 2/3mm thick. Which, do you think, would best enhance the appearance?

I've found some posts within the forum where members have fitted this feature to their car. But I cannot find a link to click-on to show their pics. Can someone assist by providing info as to how to view a pic? Even better, could one of those guys forward a pic or pics to me?

Thanks, in anticipation.

in my opinion dont do it!!....they look great in the pics but kack in real life!!....i have one still in the box for an octy RS and thats where it will be staying...

k:)

they look great in the pics but kack in real life!!....

That's what loads of people say about Skodas, they're $hite that is.

But in reality, it's all down to your own personal taste and opinion.

The carbon effect on my dash has many more admirers than negatives. Even a guy in work (who has a nice Octy Vrs) says he thinks it looks loads better than it did before.

The trouble with the standard dash is it's too plain, end of.

With the chrome richbrook gear surround it lifts the normal drab interior and IMO looks more modern.

Anyway, big deal, in a year or so i'll probably have a new car. :)

After only 5 days of my love affair with my Furby, I've now grown to appreciate the "slab-like" dash.

I take back all I said!

Thanks, however, to all who passed-on info re-the dash kits.

You can however, send your dash bits off to be covered in carbon-like film :)

Or even Kryptonite... well, there's some green phlegm like stuff on the 2nd page....

FTD - Technics

FTD - Technics