Ferodo suppliers

Quinten

Somewhat in agreement with you here Q - I think it's driving "style" that most influences the need / desire for better brakes. With the same weight and speed, you're right that the same brakes should stop the car.

The trouble is that when driving quickly, people want to stop quicker, more repeatably, and with more "feel". Better brakes will stop better, fade less, and give more feedback to the driver.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, folowing your logic a Ferrari only needs the same brakes as a mini ?

If they were weighing the same, yes. Don't get me wrong, I'm like the next guy and want the best brakes I can afford... but it has nothing to do with the power of a car.

I didn't say that. I said that it would stop just as quickly as if you had an 180bhp Octy RS. Unless the 400bhp version is 200kg heavier ofcourse...

• 2 weeks later...

Big :thumbup: to big K!

Fitted fronts and rear pads today and am now taking it really really gentle with braking until I've got a couple of 100 miles more on the clock.

Big :thumbup: to big K!

Fitted fronts and rear pads today and am now taking it really really gentle with braking until I've got a couple of 100 miles more on the clock.

Went really easy on mine today (black diamond) - after 50 miles they stopped feeling like a limp lettuce, and now with 100 miles on the clock they're starting to bite quite nicely. Still need some more easing-in though before they're done... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the DS2500's on, and i am very impressed.

Piece of cake to fit, thanks to the Wind-Back tool.

Took the car out to do some bedding-in, and the difference is obvious immediately. Got about 60 miles on them tonight, will do some more over the weekend. :)

Ah, I go out at about 5 in the morning and do it along a stretch of nearby dual carriageway.

Better with 3000s as withe the amount of metal you get walls of sparks going past the windows :D

Only just come across this thread ! .....anyway got my DS2500 pads in very quick time from DT , getting them fitted next Wednesday .

1st Jabba

2nd Feu Orange .........I thought all my mods were complete at this point :D

3rd Ferodo DS2500 front and rear pads ................it's all your fault Jon giving me that Feu Orange , started me on the slippery slope :D