Hooray! About to become an Octy owner!

At last, the wait is nearly over! I ordered my Octy 1.9 TDI PD Elegance Estate at the beginning of January and have just heard that I can pick it up at the end of the week. It is Storm Blue metallic, with curtain airbags and Xenons and I can't wait! I have been 'lurking' on Briskoda for several months, and have learnt lots of interesting and useful things, but I shall be taking an even closer interest from now on!

Eleanor

An excellent choice of car, I have been really pleased with my 06 Octy 2 1.9 tdi elegance estate, it is so roomy and very economical to drive. Was a little reluctant to change from my Fabia VRS but had to because i needed a car big enough to put my dads wheelchair in. Although I miss the sporty feel of the Fabia VRS the space and extras on the Octy 2 have made up for it. I am a big skoda fan based on experiences with the two skodas i have owned. Enjoy your car you won't regret it.

Thanks for the welcome - glad to hear you are happy with yours, Katie. Fly, my whippet, is looking forward to having all that boot space to lounge around in, and my three granddaughters are very excited about us all being able to go out together at weekends! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Picked the car up on 30 March from Capitol Skoda in Newport, Gwent (highly recommend them, by the way). Have done 1100 miles in 2 weeks and absolutely love it! Am averaging 52 mpg (1100 miles on £100 worth of diesel - fantastic!) and have just discovered that it will only cost me £118.50 to tax it for 12 months, due to the low emissions. My Nissan Almera cost me £175!

Have nothing negative to say about my Skoda experience so far.

Eleanor

glad to hear your enjoying it. Ive had my car Octy vRS for a month nearly now done 2500 miles (live in germany and been back to uk twice) and it is by far the best car i have ever owned