Arch space on a 1.4MPi anyone ?

I'm gonna be replacing the 'panda car' style black steel wheels on my '00W Reg Fabia 1.4MPi soon, for alloys of some sort, but after turning on and checking my arch space I was a bit shocked.. :(

The current wheels are 165 wide and room is tight already, width being the only problem as I can see. Obviously going up in inches means wider wheels, 16' and 17's are 205 for example (some 195's also, but they're rare)..

so.. does anyone know what size(s) I can fit with NO mods ? - no arch rolling, no inner arch adjustments (if poss), no suspension mods etc..

I know the fitment if this would help anyone ? they are 5x100 with et30-45, bore 57.1

Cheers for any help in advance people, Stu. :thumbup:

ps. I could nip out and get a picture or two if it'd help anyone to help me lol :P

I used to run 7.5" by 16" Rial Vipers on mine with Eibach lowering springs with 205/45/16s and never had any problems :D

Unless you count going sideways on wet round abouts :rolleyes:

cheers for that bobz, were you running your Eibach's on new shocks or standard suspension parts ?

...only I dont wanna mod the suspension yet, so what I really mean is; you had no extra space under your arches from the stock setup ? (just like mine is)

Thanks again, Stu

Best look for me is 17" with 215/40 tyres, and a 35mm drop. :) You can go lower like I have, but you start sacrificing comfort. This is mine on almost full left lock, lowered about 60mm at the front.

DSCN1097.jpg

Cheers Jason, thats bloody great help mate. Nice car you've got there too :thumbup:

...I'm being too cautious I know, but can you get full lock as is ?

...and do you know the offset of them ? if so, I'll get some identical so I know they'll be pretty close to 'crack on' ;)

Thanks again, Stu. :cool:

come to think of it, is it possible you could post/send me a pic of your fabia running the above gear stuart ?

..from the side with the car on full lock towards the camera? cheeky I know :P

Stu

This is all i have atm, the rear shocks need replaced, so they are off the car

Fabiawide%20(1).jpg