Sold the BMW 330d, I have now got...

texasjohn

Another BMW!

Picked it up a couple of weeks ago, excuse the autotrader pics as I've not taken my own yet.

Options:

-SMG 'flappy paddle' gearbox (similar to DSG)

-Xenons

-Hi-fi speaker system (adds 4 woofers, 2 mids behind the seats and amplifier)

- CD Changer

-18" '107' style epsilloid alloy wheels

-Wind deflector

-Storage package (cupholders and a bit of netting to store things in, basically!)

-Heated seats

The standard kit (which the 3.0 comes with):

Leather electric memory seats

Electric roof

Auto lights/wipers

Sport button (weights up the steering and improves throttle response)

Climate control

10,000 miles in 3.5 years. Evidently the previous owner's weekend toy! :D

26122716xi8.th.jpg

70833765yz3.th.jpg

16029164un6.th.jpg

Badum tish! No, I have had plenty of time in the 330d to forget how to use indicators!

It was more than a new Octy vRS, let's put it that way (not much more, but a bit more ;) )

Insurance isn't too bad at all, either. A little bit more than the Fabia vRS was costing me, although I am in a 'better' postcode now (now B93, was in PR1).

I will try and hang on to this car and keep it mint, I will be looking to get a Fabia Mk2 1.4TDi for pottering about in when winter comes, and use the Fabia for travelling to work and back.

My mate has a 2.5 SE. He let me drive it and the ride was awful. The power seemed a bit flat as well, it's a shame because I really wanted to like it.

The 3.0i gets some top drawer reviews though. Hope you enjoy it, TJ.

The poor ride can often (so I have heard) be down to the run-flat tyres fitted to some models.

Yes it has the run flats and the ride isnt the best because of them, I am sure. Some people have changed to conventional tyres and some report 'night and day' type changes. Others say it was better, but not 'night and day'. I think I shall try and get a ride in a Z4 with conventional tyres before I shell out on 4 new tyres.

I am told you have to change all four at once, and with these cars it will be the rears that are due before the front pair.

I did try an S2000, in fact I owned one for a year between 2005 and 2006. The S felt gutless after the 330d and the Z4 is slightly more practical in a number of ways. Even the 3.0i is down on torque compared to the 330d and you feel it, although the weight advantage of the Z4 balances this out.

Welshy the 330d I had was the 204hp. You can tell easily if it is a manual as the 204 version has 6 gears not 5. I had no problems with mine at all (although it was still in warranty with 47k on it when I sold it) over 6 months and it was a great motorway car. Very good for drifting too :o

ETA: one final thing, I very nearly got a 02 Z3 M Roadster with the later 325hp M3 engine; I found a minter at a BMW dealership with 14k on. Alas, it had a deposit put down on it the first day it went on sale and was sold pending collection to someone who'd put

Nice:cool:

Two seater,roofless motoring is the way to go in this time of boring cars.Currently sizing certain models up myself (second car,for me).

Enjoy! (and get the roof off as often as possible!):thumbup:

Very nice!

I'd love the Z4 M Coupe, but need a car with more seats :(

Let us know how you get on with it :D

I've got a new car coming in a couple of weeks, gone from BMW to BMW aswell :thumbup:

What MPG would you get on the 330D?

Not as good as you'd think, around 32-33 average (lots of round town driving and spirited driving on B roads). I once saw the average drop to 29.

42 on a motorway run at 80-85. It would do about 47 at a constant 60.

James - cant wait to see your next BMW, will keep an eye on the forums.

Not as good as you'd think, around 32-33 average (lots of round town driving and spirited driving on B roads). I once saw the average drop to 29.

Phew!!! I was considering a 330d, due to economy and power. That average figure isnt far off what im getting in the VXR!

Phew!!! I was considering a 330d, due to economy and power. That average figure isnt far off what im getting in the VXR!

Dave you cannot seriously compare the 330D MSport against an Astra VXR can you.... RWD lusty torque 204bhp if you only want to spend

James - cant wait to see your next BMW, will keep an eye on the forums.

As Dave states I am surprised at how low the MPG is maybe its due to road conditions?

I was expecting it to get nearer 50 at 70mph - to be honest.....