Octavia Elegance Estate pd130 and vrs suspension

Yes, be very worried. The front of the car will be way to low due to the weight of the diesel engine. Rear will be fine though, not the front.

Is the Pd130 that much more heavy than the 1.8t ? Anyone got the weight figures ?

What does a vRS combi weight compared to an Pd130 Elegance ?

Is the Pd130 that much more heavy than the 1.8t ? Anyone got the weight figures ?

What does a vRS combi weight compared to an Pd130 Elegance ?

elegance 1455kg

vrs 1390kg

Weights supplied by parkers. And I guess most of the extra weight will be at the front.:thumbdwn:

Ahh well, Guess I will have to save for a different kit to lower the car. Shame really, after having a vrs I like the ride and it's difficult to know which lowering kit togo for without being able to test it day to day before you buy.

diesel block is cast iron. It will weigh much more than a petrol engine, and you will need beefier front springs. You might want to look into offerings from eibach, et.al, who will do tailored springs kits for that car. :)

Don't just go by what you read on the forum mate. Give someone like awesome or jabba a call.

I spoke to JBS on the weekend and they recommend Koni Dampers with Eibach Springs. Which after looking around is going to cost me around

Why not join the FSD group buy instead.

I've seen that. It's a long way for me to travel and I was hoping todo it for cheaper to get it done sooner. But it looks like the suspension will have to wait. It feels like the clutch is slipping in 6th when the rpm is low and i put my foot down.

I've seen that. It's a long way for me to travel and I was hoping todo it for cheaper to get it done sooner. But it looks like the suspension will have to wait. It feels like the clutch is slipping in 6th when the rpm is low and i put my foot down.

TBH i know the elegance suspension is at best cr*p having driven an elegance TDI, but the FSD/eibach or just FSD wouldnt' cost much more than doing VRS suspension and probably less bearing in mind how much you have to change.

That plus the VRS stuff is meant for a car of a lesser weight as mentioned above.

BTW if the clutch is slipping do it sooner rather than later of you run the risk of knackering your DMF I am told :(

TBH i know the elegance suspension is at best cr*p having driven an elegance TDI, but the FSD/eibach or just FSD wouldnt' cost much more than doing VRS suspension and probably less bearing in mind how much you have to change.

That plus the VRS stuff is meant for a car of a lesser weight as mentioned above.

BTW if the clutch is slipping do it sooner rather than later of you run the risk of knackering your DMF I am told :(

What's the dmf?

I had VRS suspension on my 1.8T elegance estate and the rear sat a little too low due to the extra rear weight. I noticed it because I knew there was a difference but generally, it just looked like there was something heavy in the boot - all the time.

Wouldnt do it again if I had another.