Hello,

I ordered a vRS Octavia here in Spain. I'm thinking about use my iPod with the OEM Stream MP3. The options are to use a Gateway 300 from Dension or use an original VW iPod adapter. I would like to know which one is better.

I was also thinking about use my actual Alpine IDA-X001 on my new vRS, but I don't like how it looks in the dashboard with the 1DIN adapter. Also, I would lose the ability to see the PDC graphic (not too important at all).

Other option is installing a 2DIN source unit, but these are expensive and very atractive to thieves.

The ones that have installed an iPod adaptor (either from Dension, or original from VW) could please tell me if the iPod can be controlled when it's connected, so you can do a search of an album/song with the interface connected to the radio?

Thanks.

Nice review. I have to test original VW iPod adapter in a Golf V; a friend of mine has one, so I will be able to check how it works.

Anyway, I think that the best option with the oem radio is Dension Gateway 300.

The ones that have installed an iPod adaptor (either from Dension, or original from VW) could please tell me if the iPod can be controlled when it's connected, so you can do a search of an album/song with the interface connected to the radio?
Yes! You can setup the unit up so that either the iPod is controlled from the HU or directly from the iPod itself. Of the two options I have the iPod controls active.