Help with Petition

ianstu

Yes, with the Government and "expert medics" who insist on leaving returning soldiers out in the cold. I'm up for that fight.

Mo

I can only agree really Mo.

Surely though, to do one little thing, is better than doing nothing.

TBH Mr G, I should have logged out ages ago but I feel so strongly that we should care for our returning troops that I've hung on in here. I do feel that it is a domestic (UK) cause though and I'm sorry I can't support a statue in Trafalgar Square because it could send out a wrong message.

Mo over and out. Will log in later of course.

Regards

Mo

Signed, but pointless I fear. And isn't it Ken who decides anyway?

The whole no 10 petitions only ever generate a "we note your opinion, but don't care to do anything. Thanks for the thought though" response.

Anyone rememebr the road pricing one, and the response "ok, we hear ya. We have no intention of upsetting you" email. And what was announced last week?

Hospital closures, new runways etc we're wasting our time. If you really want your voice heard, vote out these looser MP's and local councilors.

Signed. The goverment don't do enough for it's employees in my opinion, especialy those in the MOD, so good luck to you. (pi$$ed off MOD employee....can you tell!!??!! )

I watched the end of a TV programme recently which showed this statue being erected in Trafalgar Square, by a number of the "abandoned soldiers". They organised a full scale operation, complete with marching and diversion when they brought the statue in on the ack of a lorry and put it up on its plinth (without permission IIRC).

Can't remember the name of the programme unfortunately - but I would love to watch all of it if there is a re-run. They certainly deserve our support.

Edit - found a link - BBC - Press Office - Network TV Programme Information Week 21 Unplaced 2007