Beeps for locking/unlocking?

Is there a way to set this, so that when you lock or unlock the car it beeps via the alarm?

Some years ago i had a passat (v6) and there someone with a computer changed this after my dealer said it was not possible...

Rgds

Benny

This can be done with VAGCOM - have a look at VRStu's site at Octavia-vRS.com - Octavia II Controller Coding.

Of course you will need to find someone in Belgium with VAGCOM to do it.

I think the computer the dealers use is different, but maybe somone else can confirm whether they can do if if they try! Of course they may want to charge you for this.

Its not quite the same but I had my anti-hijack locking set by a dealer.

Get the Micro-Can version of Vag-Com and you'll be able to change all manner of things including the 'locking beep'.

As an alternative (and if you can wait until September!!) there will be a group of us off to Czech for our anual trip and will be travelling through Belgium, I'd be happy to do it for you.

Will be a Vag-Com on the trip?

If so can I have some changes on my car (second fog light)?

And another question : the beeb can be enabled only on car with alarm?

How can you set it via the maxi-dot?

I'm going to the dealer next saturday, to get the phone holder off and also to get ridd of the wires of my tomtom in the dash. Will asked him to do it, but if it can be done via the maxi dott i would like to know how....

As an alternative (and if you can wait until September!!) there will be a group of us off to Czech for our anual trip and will be travelling through Belgium, I'd be happy to do it for you.

Sounds cool when is it? /inviting myself

Get the Micro-Can version of Vag-Com and you'll be able to change all manner of things including the 'locking beep'.

I will see what my dealers has to say, but if it's not sorted out by september...i'm practicly sure you will pass within a mile of my home. I live a little bit more that a mile away from the e40 highway from brussels to Aachen...so if i don't get it sorted out....i will lett you know...

Thanks already for the offer....

I have it enabled on mine to beep when it's locked.

Went to the dealer this morning....removed phone holder, mouted my gps with hiding the wires etc....

The linked up the computer, but didn't found where to change it. Went trough interactive menu, looked at several things (including ant-carjack etcv..)

I suppose the comuter they use in the garage is the vag com...(sort of touch screen computer on a trolley...)

If someone outthere knows the exaxt codes to use, could you tell them to me???

I looked at the list in stu's site, didin't found it either, and also don't know if that are the same codes as on the dealers computer???

Thnx

Benny

Copied from Stu's website, these are the codes you need to enable the locking/unlocking beeps but............................

Unlocking Confirmation

Using the Long Coding Helper select Byte 10 Bit 0 and tick Unlocking Confirmation Blink Via Door Locks.

Using the Long Coding Helper select Byte 10 Bit 1 and tick Unlocking Confirmation Horn Via Door Locks.

Using the Long Coding Helper select Byte 10 Bit 2 and tick Unlocking Confirmation Blink Via Remote Control.

Using the Long Coding Helper select Byte 10 Bit 3 and tick Unlocking Confirmation Horn Via Remote Control.

Locking Confirmation

Using the Long Coding Helper select Byte 11 Bit 0 and tick Locking Confirmation Blink Via Door Locks.

Using the Long Coding Helper select Byte 11 Bit 1 and tick Locking Confirmation Horn Via Door Locks.

Using the Long Coding Helper select Byte 11 Bit 2 and tick Locking Confirmation Blink Via Remote Control.

Using the Long Coding Helper select Byte 11 Bit 3 and tick Locking Confirmation Horn Via Remote Control.

Security System Activated Notification

Using the Long Coding Helper select Byte 13 Bit 0 and tick Activation Blink Signal.

Using the Long Coding Helper select Byte 13 Bit 1 and tick Activation Horn Signal.

Those codes are for use with VAG-COM which has a different interface to the VAS computer that the dealer has so giving him them may not help.

Yep i do.

Ive found this, is this it:

Lock / unlock beeps

46 – Central convenience

10 - Adaption

Channel 05 Unlock, horn sounds (not a horn, more like a beep when u unlock)

Channel 06 Lock, horn sounds (same as above only other way around)

Channel 07 Unlock, turn signals flash (easy)

Channel 08 Lock, turn signals flash (easy)

Tried it but no luck, says its changed, but no beeps.

Thinks its because i have no alarm.

What does the WSC3148 bit Mean ?

Save value 0

To channel 07

With wsc3148

Any idea on how to test alarm quickly???

Lock the car by remote and 10 min later unlock it with the key. As unlocking by key doesn't switch alarm off, it wil start "screaming".