Abs In Favorit

Today i felt like dismantling my pops old favorit so i removed the tacometre gauge set and realised that there was a light reserved for ABS but no bulb was in that slot. Do some favorits actually come stock with ABS from the manufacturers? Can u equip a Favorit with ABS?

i dont ever remember seing a fav with abs...

it would be possible to transplant the abs from a felicia but ut is a massive headache. need master cylinder, abs unit, wiring, sensors, relays etc etc....

afterthought: you would need to change the rear brake proportioning valve on the rear axle beam for the pressure sensitive type too.... plus you would need to change the front hubs for the felicia ones with the optical sensor ring for the front wheel speed sensors

Never seen ABS on a favorit either although I wouldnt write off the idea it was ever fitted, theres been so many weird and wonderful favorit variants out there.

Why would you want ABS though? horrible stuff interfereing with real braking and extending braking distances massively. Far rather buy decent tyres and brake linings.

I saw this indicator too and wondered if ABS was ever fitted to any. My guess is perhaps ABS was fitted to the upmarket Skoda models of the time and they used the same instrument panel. Either that or Skoda were watching the market and added the indicator ready while considering adding it to the Favorit at a later date.

Nokia 3210 mobile phones were well known for not having a vibrate feature, but having a place to fit a motor, and a software adjustment brought out the vibrate feature. Apparently Nokia had some difficulties during manufacture which made them leave out the motor but you could get the motor added back in the day at your local market mobile shop. Just goes to show some of the peculiar things manufacturers do when making things.

I think with the Favorit braking the pedal needs a little bit more of a push than other cars, but I can't see any problems with doing an emergency stop if you stick the pedal to the floor (and everything works ok).

As ANewman says, it's probably a spec panel, and as Tom says, not a viable conversion.

Ugluk is wrong about ABS tho'; the only times a good ABS increases braking distances over what the same car would do without it are on deep gravel or new snow.

As ANewman says, it's probably a spec panel, and as Tom says, not a viable conversion.

Ugluk is wrong about ABS tho'; the only times a good ABS increases braking distances over what the same car would do without it are on deep gravel or new snow.

No I am NOT having driven cars with the abs disableable on a switch ABS adds a big percentage to stopping distances across even dry tarmac.

maybe the abs feature was for specification in another country. This happens alot with skodas and many cars. The felicias in Europe had electric windows etc well well before any did in the U.K. Another example is with the Fabia. spec was much better abroad than here.