Help needed from Aberdeen 2007 vrs owners

GPW

Looking for a bit of help here.

I an not sure if I have a possible 2nd gear fault. All other gear selection is smooth with positive engagment but 2nd gear selection is very notchy which is worse if I try a swift gearchange. There is no grinding or unusual noises when in second but perhaps there is a syncro fault.

I would like to compare it with another 2007 VRS before putting into the dealers just incase its my imagination

Hope someone is willing to help happy to travel or meet somewhere conveniant.

Cheers

How many miles have you done in the car?

It may just need more time to run in a bit if it's still got low mileage, personally I'd keep running it, you're still covered on the warranty and if it does go tits up get them to sort it.

It's a cable-operated gearchange and the cables have been known to stretch or re-align themselves a bit over time. The adjustment is straighforward, but if I recall is better done with two people, hence a dealer job. Don't live with it; have it adjusted - it makes a huge change to the driving experience.

You are welcome to try mine if you can wait until I'm back from offshore?

My 2nd gear seems fine...

Thanks Glen that would be great. When are you home??

I'm not back until a week on Thursday...

The offer is there if you want...or take one of the others up is it suits you better.

BTW, if anyone wants any changes doing with VAG-Com, and is in the Aberdeen/Ellon area, I'll be happy to oblige.

I think Garry (PDQ) wants some tweaking doing anyway...

Well many many thanks to PEDD for the go in his VRS SE today.

PEDD's gearbox is smoother than mine, not notchy at all, so tomorrow into the dealer she goes hopfully for a simple adjustment.

It was good seeing 2 SE's side by side.

Thanks again:thumbup:

Well the car was in the dealers today. They agree that is not right.

Just waiting for them to decide what to do to sort it.

Will keep you all informed