There have been a number of posts on here in the past discussing MPG figures for the various Felicia models. I drive a 1.3 mpi, often in stop start traffic, and have noticed that my MPG figures change by up to 4mpg based on where I fill up. Supermarket petrol seems to result in lower MPG while fuel from Shell (not tried other branded petrol) results in better figures.

Hope some one finds this of use!

SNAP!!!

For several months now... i refuse to get petrol from supermarkets... petrol from both asda and morrisons (both supermarkets nearby that have a petrol station) seems to not get me as far.

So i now use the Shell station just down the road from us... they're always the same price as the supermarkets any way but its probably better quality fuel... well so it would seem when i look at my mileometer once my fuel light comes on!

Well, just look at the recent example with tesco... hundreds of people had filled up at various tesco petrol stations to find that their cars concked out not long after... the reason... dodgy batch of fuel delivered to tescos!!

tesco use up to 5% ethanol in their petrol, other nicer petrols from Shell and BP contain additives and detergents to keep your engine cleaner and more efficient.

I too have gone from Morrisons to BP, i reckon the extra 2p per litre in a tank comes to about 60-70 pence more but mileage wise it seems to be better.

Not really kept a close eye on MPG (as my mileometer gets stuck so can't do this accurately) but have noticed my engine seems to run a little quieter after a fill up of Shell petrol as opposed to supermarket stuff. Plus Shell is my nearest station and is always same price per l as supermarkets. Seems to be the best place to get petrol.