Dashboard Tizzzzzzzz

2006 1.9 TDi Elegance Estate. Had the car from new and couldn't be more pleased with it apart from an annoying high frequency rattle. It occurs around 3000 rpm and seems come from somewhere near the top if the dashboard....has a slightly metalic sound. I know from previous experience how difficult it is to pinpoint these rattles. (noise from passenger side door pillar turned out to be sunglasses in the overhead box).

Anyone out ther got a clue ?

Hi Richard, I too had a similar problem with a rattling/tingling type of noise, which seemed to be coming from top of dashboard area. My local dealer replaced the mesh type grill at base of windscreen - (I believe they are the windscreen demister air vents) Hey presto! no more noise.

I've had the same problem and spent many days to track the noise down. When I found it it was the plastic tube going from the windshield rearview mirror up to the roof. I've just stick it with double sided tape to the glass and noise was gone. Before, I could bet it was comming from the dashboard. Worth to try.