Revo demo software

gunnie

Had a quick spin in my mate's MY03 Leon Cupra yesterday, which had just had the Revo demo (2 hr version) uploaded.....

wow, what a difference it makes...:drive:

there's plenty of available torque in all gears, and it's so smooth and just wants to keep going, even in sixth gear (boo to the RS which only has 5) and at 6,000 plus revs..

would be well impressed if Revo made the same improvements to the skoda. think i'll have to search round now and find a dealer, with the latest 5 hr demo to get this loaded, and go play!:smile-l:

has anyone demo'd, or even got the Revo software in an RS??

Originally posted by Revo Richard on SEATCupra.net on 25:02:2003

As that man said five hours trial now and not two (perhaps we were being a little tight there)

Also to anyone thinking of having the five hour trial fitted every day, sorry but this is a one time write only and cannot be written to the same ECU twice. Five hours should be enough time to decide YES

Gunnie,

I've been looking into REVO myself and I guess the closet one to you would be Fontain in Slough.

I have some pics for the SPS module but don't have any way of hosting them. Was going to use my supporters web space.

The only down side is how to change the programs; you have to access the serial port of the ECU which mean lifting the bonnet etc.

Was going to go the APR route but REVO provide an extra security feature and that undetectability factor.:D

Just saving the pennies.

Lets us know how you get on.

Cheers.

Adrian.

what about the serial port under the steering wheel:confused:

I guess you might not have known it was there unless you've been on your hands and knees in the vicinity of the driver's seat..oo-er

I know it's still not that convenient but still easier then getting under the bonnet every time you want to swtich programs or set the security mode on/off...

however that does give you the advantage that if you were the type of person who would get the chip and not tell your insurance company, and then be unfortunate even to be involved in some sort of 'incident' (accident/police etc), that you could slyly pop in the module and switch the program back to 'stock' mode before exiting the car :eek:

Is this REVO safe.

I personally wouldn't have a remap/chip upgrade without full rolling road tests.

How do you know that this thing isn't giving stupid amounts of boost and running too lean.

Just my 2pence worth.

Hi Westy,

I believe REVO are the same guys who brought "us" APR....except they've gone off and done their own "thang" now.

So they're using the original APR dealers who give before and after rolling road plots.

Anyway this is what I found from browsing tyresmoke.net

Quite a few of the S3 owners there have been REVOed and rave about their results. Haven't delved into CupraNet yet but I believe a few guys have been REVOed there to.

Needless to say I won't be doing anything to my RS unless I'm 100% sure all is kocher!

Cheers.

Adrian.

Hi guys,

You're right in saying that you have an OBDII port under the dash, you can find it behind the paneling by the drivers left leg.

For any of you that we Apr'd, we offer a free software upgrade. Just give us a call on 01327 301 901 to book in.

You would be looking at around 212bhp/237ftlb for a 1.8T Octavia (inc. RS)

The optimax/98ron performance program runs at 1.25bar boost, an SPS3 gives you the option of altering boost levels and ignition/timing, allowing you to hold peak boost for longer.

Have a look at our website www.revotechnik.com for more info and your nearest dealer, or give us a call.