No flashing from LED in the drivers door?

The last few weeks I have noticed that the red LED in the drivers door doesn't seem to flash any more? I'm sure it used to flash when it was locked and kept on flashing until it was unlocked?

Maybe the LED staying on continously as mentioned before a number of months ago is connected?:confused:

Mine flashes if I press the lock button once. But I always press it twice for deadlock now and the LED stays lit but doesn't flash. Related??

Cheers

Rick

I thought pressing twice de-activated the interior movement sensors?

I thought pressing twice de-activated the interior movement sensors?

It does on the Golf.....

Press it once to lock and activate the alarm, press it twice if the dogs left in the car etc.... as the alarm isn't activated

Pretty sure it will be the same system on the Octavia

How can you tell if the alarm is actually working? I have had my car for over two years and have never heard a squeak. I thought you might hear something when you locked the doors with the remote, but silence reigns.

How can you tell if the alarm is actually working? I have had my car for over two years and have never heard a squeak. I thought you might hear something when you locked the doors with the remote, but silence reigns.

If you've got a kid or a dog, stick them in the car and press the lock button once.... you'll soon find out if it works or not :rofl:

If you have motion sensors, leave a window down then set, leave a minute of so then stick hand in.

If not lock car with remote, then open door with key and it should go off, alternatively pop bonnet, lock car with remote then lift bonnet open :)

If you've got a kid or a dog, stick them in the car and press the lock button once.... you'll soon find out if it works or not :rofl:

tried that with my son and it works, but it did pi55 the locals off :)

It does, pressing once activates the alarm and deadlocks.

Pressing twice deacivates the deadlocks and interior monitoring

2 presses on mine unlocks the fuel filler flap as well.

Got back from Cornwall yesterday ( 37.3mpg on way back !), and I can comment on this.....

I had been out for a pub lunch ( on foot ) then when I got back to my rented cottage ( after dark ) I got my map book out of the car to plan the next days sojourn.

About twenty minutes later, after I had gone to bed, I heard an alarm going off, and having never heard my alarm go off before I had no idea if it was mine or not, but as it was a pretty thinly populated part of Cornwall I guessed it may be mine.

I pulled on my swimming trunks ( they were the nearest thing to hand ), and ran out the door pausing only to grab the first thing that came to hand - a small occasional table !

Sure enough it was my motor flashing its indicators and making a fairly weedy whining noise, but a quick check showed it intact.

I therefore checked all the doors and windows were closed - they were - and reset it, putting it down to climate change.

After ten minutes it went off again, and this time I was better prepared ( torch and poker from fireplace )

This time whilst looking into interior with the torch I noticed a small moth inside my car.

This was obviously the cause, so I opened the door and tried to tempt the moth out using the torch.

Unfortunately this combined with the effect of the two interior courtesy lights only suceeded in attracting another moth into my car...........

.............................twenty minutes later ( and one high speed drive in trunks around the back-roads of Mawgan Porth with all windows open ) my car was moth-free.

I locked the car and all was well for the remainder of my holiday.

So, the alarm is obviously pretty sensitive and I always set it with just one press of the key.

There is also a button on the pillar next to the drivers door ( on my VRS anyway ? ) which disables the interior sensors...............ideal if you leave your kids or pet dog, cat, moth in the vehicle.

Thanks for an amusing post Jonny - trying to get images out of my mind of an Octy2 vRS be driven about Cornwall by a nutter in swimming trunks though!!! :rofl:

Steve