New Fabia collected!

Picked up our new Fabia 3 1.4 TDi on Saturday and although it's very early days, i wanted to give my first impression!

First of all, the Fabia is a huge upgrade for me as my previous car was a 10 year old Renault Megane with no mod cons at all! So things like remote central locking, electric windows and climate control are all new to me and even now, having owned the Fabia for 3 whole days, I can't see how I ever managed without central locking! :rolleyes:

When doing research before buying I was very wary of diesels, having never driven one before - I thought they all sounded like ice cream vans but without the jingles! The 1.4 diesel engine - IS noisy, but only when cold & accelerating in 1st and 2nd. It quietens down once it's warmed up and on the move. I found it to be much nippier than my petrol 1.4 Megane and it sat quite happily at motorway speeds+ without any effort at all.

The driving position is great, I'm a shorty with a dodgy back so the seat adjustment is great for me and makes getting out of the car so much easier than the Megane which I literally fell out off. Ouch.

I think the interior is really classy looking - the 3 trim definately better than the cheaper looking 1 & 2. The clocks are easy to read and it does have a temp gauge! Maxidot trip computer is good but still have to work out how to use the thing properly! Interesting to see the average MPG - this started at 32 when i got the car and has risen to 48 in 3 days of driving so economy looks like it's going to be good.

Down sides - Only 1 so far - rear visibility isn't great. The side pillar obliterates everything over your right shoulder. As a motorcycle rider as well, I always worry about car drivers seeing me - well they won't in the new Fabia!

All in all, I'm thrilled to bits with the Fabia - it's exceeded my expectations! :D

Will try and post some pics...if only I could stop driving the thing!

• 3 weeks later...

A month in to owning my shiny new Fabia and am very very happy! It's fun to drive and really nippy! Fuel economy is brilliant, I'm averaging 47mpg on my daily urban commute.

Only 1 small gripe and that's the onyx black seat covers. They attract fluff badly! Looks like a sticky roll-off thingy will be a glovebox essential - something to bear in mind if you're a pet owner.

All in all - I'm very happy I switched to Skoda!:D

There was a black TDI in my local dealer when I was ordering my new clutch pedal. Was an 07 so must have been just being prepped for collection. I thought the paint made it look really nice, and the 16" vRS mk2 style wheels look very nice too. Also -

Only 1 small gripe and that's the onyx black seat covers. They attract fluff badly! Looks like a sticky roll-off thingy will be a glovebox essential - something to bear in mind if you're a pet owner.

cough

Seat Surgeons

/cough

:P

Examples: Fabia-vrs.com - Image Gallery 7

Glad you're liking it so far though :thumbup:

Steve