Audi TT climate panel in to Octavia Mk1

EddyH

I've installed an audi TT climate control panel into my octavia, it works other than the buttons don't illuminate when the lights are switched on. The panel is recognising that the lights are on as the temperature display increases in brightness. So I'm wondering what the cause is? Could it be a soft coding issue as I've experienced before with a headunit? Is the climate panel just faulty? or is it just a compatibility issue due to the panel not being intended for use in an Octavia.

Any help appreciated.

It's only a temporary install at the moment. It is totally different but that's what I want as I think a few others have now done the VW illumination I did a couple of years ago so I fancy something even more unique and this is part of it. Here's a pic of the standard TT climate panel:

audi_tt_specialeditioncoupe_2006_dashboard_12_346x270.jpg

out of interest Eddy how on earth have you made that fit? :confused:

There's not that much difference between the size of the actual climate units, they just look very different because of the covers that are over them. Some chopping is required but nothing I'd consider too drastic.

Some chopping is required but nothing I'd consider too drastic.

Lol. 'Not to drastic' for Eddy = 'You're f*^king joking' for most normal people. Nice one though, should be really nice if it works out. Is the motor running OK?

You need to add an extra wire to illuminate the facsia switches. I did the same thing but in an old Audi A4, the later HVAC units have an additional input for illumination, you'll need to study the wiring diagrams to find out where it goes.

You need to add an extra wire to illuminate the facsia switches. I did the same thing but in an old Audi A4, the later HVAC units have an additional input for illumination, you'll need to study the wiring diagrams to find out where it goes.

That's the route I was starting to go down. I have the original plugs which have been cut off so I'll check them unless someone can point me in the direction of a suitable pin diagram.

Even though I hardly doubt that this will ever fully work...

http://erwin.audi.de

Why? People are always saying the things I plan to do aren't gonna work but they usually do. I was told VW clocks with full FIS wouldn't work in my Octy but they do, I was told a VW climate panel wouldn't work but it does, I was told an MFD2 wouldn't work yet I've gone a step further and got a Audi RNS-E DVD sat nav working in my car. I was also told a TT 6spd gearbox couldn't be fitted to my car, guess what, it can! If people like me didn't try stuff like this we'd all drive standard cars.

As I said it already fully works other than the illumination which I WILL remedy.

BTW thanks for your help. :P