Power Steering Pump y reg 8v Fabia Help Please!

I suppose it depends if you can find out how old the one from the breaker's is. I'm guessing it'll have come from a car that was accident damaged (but not at the front), so you could well end up with a pump that's only a year or two old. Should be fine for quite a while, if that's the case...

yep they are, you can find out what one you have, call the dealer speak to parts give them your chasis number and ask what pump is fitted to your car.

it will be 6Q0 423 155 xx last two figures are going to be specific to your car.

blimey i cant belive yours has gone with 33K on the clock.

makes me think to get rid of the car once its sorted out, cant keep having big bills only after a few thousand miles.

I think theres some kind of a sensor that when the oil level goes down to a low level the power steering pump will stop working... what happened in my car is that it stopped working.. thought its the pump passed out so didnt bother to check on the oil leven coz its located somewhere stupid really.. drove it like this for 3 weeks... today thought i'd try n fill it up with oil to see if something will change... 1/2 a liter of oil >> steering light like anything again :D

My pump went after 15000 miles!!! Only two years old so tg got it fixed under warranty. I would have died if i had to pay these prices. I only bought it in Feb. It was in a crash so maybe that had something to do with it.