what FMIC ?

PDQ

I seen mention some forum members buying universal FMIC's off ebay , what size ? and who did you get it from ? did you also buy the universal fitting kit that I've seen advertised ?

-does the Seat sport one fit or can it be made to fit ?

thanks, Garry

Forge FMIC, Allard one, or Jabbasport, all made to fit the Fabia vRS nicely.

The Seat one can be made to fit too, but it's a fair bit of work IIRC.

Not sure about universal ones, but no doubt there are suitable ones about..

-thanks,

I did have a look on most of the web sites but I can't remember seeing any prices. I'll maybe have to phone them direct to find out what "todays" price is.

Can anyone offer personal feed back on having fitted one of the above mentioned FMIC's ? as well as cost .

Cheers,Garry

Allards one - nice looking, get some tarty engne bay alloy. Good as all oem hoses are done away with. A bit expensive but then you're getting a unique product, and I would recommend using Allard to fit it. Mine needed a little work first to route it through to the engine bay as mine was posted, not fitted on site.

For ease of use go with the Forge one, but this retains oem hoses (should be fine on standard turbo/mild remap)

Allards one - nice looking, get some tarty engne bay alloy. Good as all oem hoses are done away with. A bit expensive but then you're getting a unique product, and I would recommend using Allard to fit it. Mine needed a little work first to route it through to the engine bay as mine was posted, not fitted on site.

For ease of use go with the Forge one, but this retains oem hoses (should be fine on standard turbo/mild remap)

Hi Jason, from memory the only OEM part retained on the Forge FMIC is the upper outlet pipe connecting to the EGR. Well it is on mine anyway.

You are right though - the OEM spring clips are prone to leak boost at higher boost pressures on the OEM hose clamps.

just be warned - the cheap IC made in China are only straight tubing inside the core, They dont have the little 'fingers' protruding into them.

If you look through and can see light = they're not efficient.

I ragged my Forge FMIC yesterday - power was down a wee bit but no heatsoak. Temp indicated at the time 48 deg C!!!