Change from Stream to Stream mp3

Hi guys, I've been lurking around these parts for a while but never had a need to post as most of the info is already available (thanks by the way!).

I have a mk2 Octavia and it currently has the Stream CD player with 6 disc autochanger in the boot. I have seen the stream mp3 player and would like this instead as my old motor had mp3 capability and it's so much easier than the autochanger.

So, what do I need to know/have apart from the stream mp3 unit to change from one to the other?

Will I still be able to use the autochanger (with or without mp3 cd's in it)?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Hello and welcome.

My understanding is that you can swap to the Stream MP3 with no other modifications. Your CD autochanger will only ever play normal CD's and not MP3 ones.

Hope that helps.

I do believe that a MP3 Stream has just entered the market.

The Stream MP3 would be a direct swap for your current unit. (except maybe swapping the CD changer ground connection)

You would alaso need to get a radio code from a dealer - No big deal though.

The autochanger does not play MP3's, it will work as normal with the MP3 stream fitted.

It would also give you the option to install an Aux socket like the later cars have in the Jumbo Box.

Hi sorry to but in off topic but I love the user name "captain kirk". It is a nick name the fire service gave my late father, and my real name is James Kirk.

Sorry it just made me smile......................as you were. :o

You can buy the socket - I have previously posted the part number. You'll then need some 3 core screened cable and you'll need the terminals for the plug. I think I have the part number for the terminals.

As Ian says above, pinouts can be found there and you'll note the extra pins for the Aux in and that the grounds have swapped as I mentioned above.

Sorry for bringing up the thread again. I bought the Mp3 unit, so now just need to get the code and fit it (will try to take photo's and then maybe even write up a guide). Can anyone translate this site....Skoda Octavia Club - AUX pro Stream MP3? I tried one of the translating websites, but it didn't work.

• 2 months later...

Yeah its a simple job with the latest generation streams but with the older ones the aux input functionality doesnt work so u have to fool the HU into thinking the autochanger is still connected and use the autochanger input as an aux input. Requires a little box of tricks. Just like the one i extricated from my octy on saturday when i took the parrot and all my ICE out. Bye bye Octy :(

Another benefit of swaping is sound quality, the amplifier in the stream MP3 is far better than that of the earlier stream.

With the mp3 version, you can have the benefits of both the changer and and an aux input, with nothing more than a couple of quid for the socket and wiring, without the need for any extra fooling of the HU.

• 3 years later...

Just got a 2nd hand Octavia II with the standard stream stereo. Would ideally like to upgrade to Stream MP£ and set up the Aux out but I notd the issues with the different pins on the connector.

I could see any instructoions that told me what to do about the CD and Aux pins being in different positions - not sure how to use the info in the VRS post.

Can anyone clear this up?

I've also posted a request for a Stream MP3 with code in the Classifieds if anyone has one.