Bilsteins

PDQ

Very interesting is the B12 the non-coilover kit then. I looked as these a while back but no one seemed to have tried them. I greatly look forward to hearing your review of them. I also wonder how much lowering they will give. So are H&R springs as good as eilbach?

When you say also fitting roll bar I thought fabia vrs already had a front arb are you fitting a better one?

Was wondering what car you rally?

Very interesting is the B12 the non-coilover kit then. I looked as these a while back but no one seemed to have tried them. I greatly look forward to hearing your review of them. I also wonder how much lowering they will give. So are H&R springs as good as eilbach?

When you say also fitting roll bar I thought fabia vrs already had a front arb are you fitting a better one?

Was wondering what car you rally?

I'm thinking that Bilstein maybe prefered the spring poundage/suspension drop of the H&R's to go with their dampers ? ,,,I will let you know how it feels once its all fitted. I'm fitting new top mounts,bearings and bumpstops at the same time.

Yes, your quite right Lummox its not a Vrs , its a big 100 bhp tdi Elegance model with the puny 18mm ft arb . I picked up the std 20mm Vrs arb when I bought the engine. I'm not a lover of big arb's on the front of fwd cars but given the weight of the diesel engine ,it needs to be bigger than 18mm !

- hmmm ,rally car ?

We (the wife and me) rally a Citroen Ax ,,,,YES ! a Citroen AX !, ,,its far from std

brief spec;

1360 engine ,head and cam ,motorbike tb's ,DTA ecu, 4-2-1 ,straight cut close ratio Dogbox and LSD ,up-rated shafts ,custom 4 pot brakes , 2-way adjustable Mono-tube front and rear suspension with remote canisters ,PAS from a saxo fabricated to fit with home made adjustable settings , Stack rev counter with built in shift lights. The engine has been limited to 8100 rpm to help keep it reliable !

This car was built by myself in my drive way ,used for hillclimbs and sprints in 2005 and I won the class. I then built it into a rally car for 2006 and we won the class 1 in the Scottish Tarmac rally championship with my WIFE driving !

So far this year we've had one 3rd place due to gearbox problems and having to use a std box with NO lsd !:thumbdwn: and three 1st places in class 1,,,the last one was yesterday :)

sorry for rambling on ,,but you did ask ;)

cheers ,Garry