instrument cluster dimming lights

the li8ghts on my isturment cluster, radio and climatronic have all disaperead. I have checked fuse NO's 5 and 15 as in the handbook they are the ovious choice.

can any1 spread a bit pf light on this situation

also

whgen replacing fuse no 5 the passenger airbag light has stayd on, does any1 know what have been the cause

thanks

You could try the panel light dimmer, likely to be next to the light switch. How old is the car?, is it still under warranty?

With the fuses removed, did you turn the ignition on?, one of those fuses may have been for the airbag , if so it would have logged a fault and would need resetting with diagnostic equipment.

You could try the panel light dimmer, likely to be next to the light switch. How old is the car?, is it still under warranty?

With the fuses removed, did you turn the ignition on?, one of those fuses may have been for the airbag , if so it would have logged a fault and would need resetting with diagnostic equipment.

SKODA SUPERB 2004 TDI (100)

i was actually checking fuses with engine still running??

the panel light dimmer remains hot too touch

That doesn't sound to good does it, and it really isn't a good idea to be pulling fuses with the engine running!

If the dimmer is overheating and the dash lights have gone out I would think thats a serious electrical fault, get it looked at asap.

That doesn't sound to good does it, and it really isn't a good idea to be pulling fuses with the engine running!

If the dimmer is overheating and the dash lights have gone out I would think thats a serious electrical fault, get it looked at asap.

do you think it could be the dimmer switch?

can any1 spread a bit pf light on this situation

Nicely worded mate........sorry to hear about your problems but it sounds a little serious to me.....might need a trip to the 'stealers'?!?!

The dimming switch shouldnt be getting hot, it sounds like the resistor or another component in the switch is causing excess current to be drawn into the switch and not flow to the dash where its meant to be. I'd get the switch checked out before any damage is caused to the wiring loom.