Maybe's

speedyvrs- Dave

barney

Alan

dave - trucido

devonmikeyboy (scn)

steve - briskoda

pat [cuprabird]

My car did 224 bhp, but it was smoking like a train due to getting about a 20mph wind from the fan, when in reality it needed a 100mph wind. No oxygen = overfuelling = lots of smoke and a lot less power. Quite disappointed because I know the car can do better with the right amount of air being provided. Plus if Will got 118bhp out of a standard pd130, I can add 10% top mine as well.

Still?! STEVE! 265 odd bhp!? :eek:

All the Turbo Engines were well down and we are blaming it on the heat.

The NA engines all got there quoted figures so I think the fan could of been fine.

Also Jason you really need to cut down on the cigarettes and Smoking in someone's workplace can get you a big fine nowadays :P

If they don't have enough fans I wouldn't run my car.

I was basically first on, so didn't realise until it was too late. Have learnt a lesson for all future dyno runs. No decent fan = no run.

Does your car suffer similar symptoms if not provided with enough air? (used in past tense if need be ;))

Yes those RR results are low :(

That's the problem though you can gain or lose 20 BHP on each one you use!

I just don't think you get a good air flow (probably worse if you have a FMIC fitted)

Yes the great RR debate,

More fans = more BHP in my experience, up our way Star P have 3 huge fans, but a nearby tuner has one fan and everyody slags one or the other off for too high or too low readings on the Dyno depending on their prefered tuner.

My car hit 90 deg C inlet temps on the single fan rollers but only 39 deg C on Stars. Even with the FMIC.

My car hit 90 deg C inlet temps on the single fan rollers but only 39 deg C on Stars. Even with the FMIC.

I didn't think of logging inlet temps, but I watched my oil and water temps ROCKET after the run. On a normal run (even a quick one) they rarely go above 80, usually hovering around 76/77. I saw them touch nearly 90 on saturday.... I went straight out after the run to a) remove the ABS light, etc and B) cool the bloody thing down with a gentle run up and down the A38...

Sounds like they were taking air from inside the building Jason, wouldn't go there again. Look for a place with huge fans drawing air from outside. Remember your cars flat tack in 4th at 100mph how much air would be rushing by on the road. :)

Sounds like they were taking air from inside the building Jason, wouldn't go there again. Look for a place with huge fans drawing air from outside. Remember your cars flat tack in 4th at 100mph how much air would be rushing by on the road. :)

It was from inside, but even JKMs fan took air from inside, but it was able to blast it out at a really good speed. I think perhaps the speed is more imperative than the source, but I reckon as you say, both would be ideal.

Many thanks for the welcome we got, great to see a varied mix of cars :thumbup: Apologies for having to shove off at lunchtime although we were taking a break from our holiday to join in the fun and were under strict instructions from our respective SWMBO's to be back on time! :o