First detail of my vRS

fabtdi

wash car

dry car

clay using qd spray (the spray acts as a lube so the clay dose'nt stick use plenty and work one area at a time )

wash car again

dry

cleaner wax

ag deep shine

then you might be best putting on a sealant before waxing as this locks in the shine, maybe use ag extra gloss protection but if do, use it very sparingly apply a very thin layer let it dry to a haze then buff off, then top off with your choice of wax

I'd always dry the car before starting the clay stage, personally. Lets me see that all areas are clean, no bits have been missed etc.

Then I don't wash the car again after clay, I've never seen the need. I dry each area that's been clayed with another terry work towel, then move onto polish.

Not saying one way is particularly better than another, just the way I choose to do it.

Steve

I use Z-7 mixed with water as lubricant. So if i don't wash the car after clay Z-7 will just dry on the paint.

There's so many ways of doing the same thing and no one can say witch one is the best. Just remember to use enough lubricant as you clay otherwise you may scratch the paint.

I use Meg's Quick Detailing Spray or Last Touch when claying. This is just a lubricant, hence why I simply dry the paint after using it. It's good for the paint anyway. That's why such products can be used at the end of a detail, after wax has been applied, to enhance finish. You wouldn't wash again after that would you? :)

Steve

Fair enough - I didn't actually know what Z-7 was. Presumed some Finnish lubricant equivalent :)

Steve

Steve,

Petteri uses Zaino products. He posted about them a while ago - see http://www.briskoda.net/forums/styling-car-care/no-need-autoglym-any-more/84830/

If you look at Post 11 in that thread I linked to a Zaino review on DW

Cheers

Andy

Thank you for your posts and comments which I put into practice today as I just could not wait.

I tried it on the bonnet after giving the car a really good clean. I am impressed with the results, no marring and no horror story's to report.

The clay did not take off a lot of muck as the car is quite clean but it did leave a lovely smooth finish.

The only problem now is that the car is so polished up that you can see those damned stone chips everywhere:mad:

Anyone used a drying towel yet that does not leave a residue on the car and can recommend one? Was thinking about the Megs water magnet.

Thanks