Bulb change...not as easy as it looks, or is it??

OK need a hand here Superb buffs.

I think this is a common problem made difficult by a crammed, small area!!

Driving home tonight and I got a beep and a message on the maxidot screen telling me of a light failure.

Evidently the main headlight bulb on the passenger side has blown:mad:

This happened a while back on the drivers side and the dealer done the job for a tenner.

Anyway, am I able to do the bulb change without going to the garage again...it seems so petty.

But, the power steering fluid reservoir is in the way and it looks like the whole light needs unscrewing and removing, but that seems too simple.

Can anyone shed any light....no pun intended:P

Paul

Or if your feeling a little more adventurous then just take your front bumper off and then you can remove the headlamp in question.......it's a 15 minute job and you can even have a clean of your bumper / headlamps while you have them off the car!!

The whole car needs a clean actually Si....allthese little bits of rain have made the car really dusty and my wheels are caked in brake dust. However I dont fancy taking the bumper off, even though I'd heard of people doing this, hence the reason for my thread initially.

Many thanks though folks. I'm off tomorrow so will attempt to tackle the thing...I've only got little hands luckily!

It's easy on the passenger side, put your hand under the cover on the power steering reservoir, and you should feel how it clips it onto the sides of the reservoir, pull the plastic sides out that hold the cover on to the reservoir and take the cover off.

There should be ample room for you to take the headlight back cover off and change the bulb, the H7 bulbs twist out.

I can do it easily and i've got massive hands!

The whole car needs a clean actually Si....allthese little bits of rain have made the car really dusty and my wheels are caked in brake dust. However I dont fancy taking the bumper off, even though I'd heard of people doing this, hence the reason for my thread initially.

Many thanks though folks. I'm off tomorrow so will attempt to tackle the thing...I've only got little hands luckily!

I know what you mean about giving the car a clean mate....it's hard work keeping on top of the cleaning in the house let alone the car, LOL!!

If we ever meet up I will show you the 10 minute bumper removal chanllenge!!!

I'll hold you to that Si!!!

I'll probably need your help if I do it!!!

Anyway, many thanks everyone...it was very easy and took five minutes, but my small hands did help!!!

No problem mate....see you soon I hope......

• 4 months later...

I changed both bulbs today for some super bright ones from work, although ion the day light they don't look promising, only time will tell if they really are any better or worse, they are ring branded ones...hmmmm

However, 15 minute job and done, had to undo a couple of bolts and some screws but was simple enough, good job I have small hands though!!

:)

I changed both bulbs today for some super bright ones from work, although ion the day light they don't look promising, only time will tell if they really are any better or worse, they are ring branded ones...hmmmm

However, 15 minute job and done, had to undo a couple of bolts and some screws but was simple enough, good job I have small hands though!!

If you have fitted any type of 'Ring' bulb I wouldn't have bothered..........they are not very good in terms of performance or durability....

May well just be my opinion mate but having seen some tests of various bulbs from our suppliers the Ring ones aren't that great.....

The Ring ones never seem to have done very well in reviews either.......sorry Chris!:o

The Phillips X-treme however, now they appear to be a different matter.:eek: Very tempted to get some of them. Just over

The Ring ones never seem to have done very well in reviews either.......sorry Chris!:o

The Phillips X-treme however, now they appear to be a different matter.:eek: Very tempted to get some of them. Just over