Taken delivery of my Octy Scout

Well, got it for my holidays so I have a tow-bar'ed up Silk Grey Octavia Scout on my drive. Had it two days and done 500 miles, and I love it.

Initial impression is that the colour really suits it - more so than Silver - and it looks BIG. The extra 17mm and the additional trim give a really butch stance. The boot will swallow all the holiday stuff, the engine seems very torquey even with such small mileage, so I am hoping it will tow my Conway Cruiser folding caravan, carry two kayaks and two bikes on the roof, a 13 and 9 year old daughter, the wife and of course me, and drag it all to Tenby!

It handles very well for a 'tall' car, but at the expense of a slightly fidgity ride, and it does hit potholes hard. Gearchange is good, and this is the first 6 speed car I have had. I was expecting an overdrive type sixth, but in reality the gears ratio's are just spread over the same ratio band as a 5 speed. Well, that is what it feels like to me.

I like a car I can get out of, look back and get a little thrill at the look of it - the Scout does this and more as in that colour it looks very classy too.

I am looking forward to trying to get the 4x4 operating as I am often in sticky situations in cars that require 4x4, but as my previous cars were FWD I kept getting stuck on beaches or in fields.

However, I will get ribbed mercelessly by my fellow conscripts - I am a Scout Leader, a kayaker, a camper, and a caravanner (hence the 4x4 requirement) - and no one believed me when I told them what I was getting!

When I am back from hols I'll see if I can figure out how to get some photo's up.

I had one yesterday as a courtesy car and was suitably impressed.

The only niggle was the flimsy trim and cubby hole lids which imo were cheap and would be prone to rattling when settled in ( this on a