milltek exhaust

TDi Vrs

Decisions decisions, im still not sure to go HIFLOW CAT , OR DECAT ................

Any advice, comments would be appreciated.

IMO if you are still running the standard turbo, keep with the hi flow cat, if you go for the decat there is not enough back pressure to keep te turbo from running away, which could cause problems with the boost dropping out.

Luke

IMO if you are still running the standard turbo, keep with the hi flow cat, if you go for the decat there is not enough back pressure to keep te turbo from running away, which could cause problems with the boost dropping out.

Luke

...unless you have a remap? I assume.

I guess trying to catch runaway turbos would require custom remaps? Or is there a simple way of sorting it out with a tweaked generic?

Cheers,

J.

PS: Sorry if this is a hi-jack - it seems related....

...unless you have a remap? I assume.

I guess trying to catch runaway turbos would require custom remaps? Or is there a simple way of sorting it out with a tweaked generic?

Cheers,

J.

PS: Sorry if this is a hi-jack - it seems related....

It will still run away with any remap, its down to how small the turbo is, it just doesnt have enough back pressure to keep the turbo boosting within its limits!!!

It will still run away with any remap, its down to how small the turbo is, it just doesnt have enough back pressure to keep the turbo boosting within its limits!!!

Well thats just comfirmed what I've been thinking for ages. :thumbup:

Been running an OEM turbo, remap and decat straight pipe for about a year now - no probs at all. Next exhaust upgrade (!) will probably be a custom straight pipe in 3 inch steel from turbo to tail....(After I fit my new TD stage 2 hybrid)...

Cost was about

Luke

News to me. A diesel suffering from back pressure.... :confused:

Bump!!

its not so much the fact that its a diesel, its more down to the size of the turbo, it wont be able to keep the turbo from over spining itself, and when it does this it drops the car into limp mode.

Luke.