Bluefox's 2003 Superb TDI

Bluefox

• 3 months later...

Well, this is the final entry in Chloe's project diary as I've moved on. :(

Updates from a her most recent service, which I did at Unit 18. Ross kindly let me and Baker use the ramps as Baker was detailing that VRS estate.

So, first things first - get some cleaner on that filter. Way overdue :o

th_IMG_0314.jpg

Next, removal of the engine covers...

th_IMG_0308.jpg

...lead to confirmation of that leaky EGR valve:

th_IMG_0311.jpg

Yuk.

It was decided to leave it as it was, as it'd only leak again. They all do. Anyway, not much coming out of it and she doesn't use oil so I moved onto the ramps:

th_IMG_0325.jpg

..and had a quick battle with the under tray.

th_IMG_0338.jpg

th_IMG_0340.jpg

The garage, who I will never goto again, who "fitted" my last CV gaiter way back when mis fitted the tray. Which in turn lead to it flapping around for 12k, catching on every speed bump and cracking in 70mph winds. Not impressed.

Anyway a few checks revealed all was OK on the CV gaiter front (well, the one they "fitted" leaked slightly but nothing that wouldn't be fixed by someone who knew what they were doing) and confirmed that she was suffering from another Superb problem, nice oily intercooler hoses:

th_IMG_0331.jpg

th_IMG_0332.jpg

th_IMG_0344.jpg

The rest of the service went according to plan, with new oil & filter, new pollen filter - with the my previous sealing job still working a treat I'd like to add - and replacing of the (now finally clean & re-oiled) K&N.

That, then, was the last work I ever did on her except today's of returning her back to bog standard. I have taken a pic but I'm not putting it on here.

As I said, she's left me now and is on her way to a new home. Hopefully someone off here will buy her and continue where I left off, but I doubt it. I'm staying around here anyway, I like the people on this site and in honesty I think Chloe's new owner will as well; so I hope they do arrive back here.

The new project diary of my Audi will be up here shortly, and I'll update my sig pic soon.

Just one last photo of her next to Baker's Superb - fitting, as it was his car that got me on here in the first place.

Bye bye Chloe!

IMG_0387.jpg