OIL Change light

Davyboi

This is for my fabia vRS. When i turn my engine on a OIL wordis displayed in the speedometer, i have looked in my book and this is a oil change requirement. I was just wondering if anybody knows how to erase the oil change light for everytime i start up. This goes of after 3 minutes of driving.

Many Thanks

Dave

The simple answer is if the service is due then have the service carried out.

If the service isn't due then there are instructions in your manual on how to clear it.

You will find instructions on how to reset the service interval on the opposite page to that which tells you what the OIL warning indicates, ie on page 17. When did you car last have an oil change?

I've got the same warning come up but I only had my service carried out within the last 4000 miles and the oil is at the top marker on the dipstick. The thing is it wasn't there until after I fitted my FMIC. Could it be something that was done wrong to make this come on straight after we finished putting it all back together? I had a mate VAG COM the car but it doesn't show up with anything either.

Cheers

It seems common for the service warning - OIL then spanner - to come up at odd times and is just a nuisance. Mine has done it from new. It will continue until you rest it and then be OK for thousands of miles. Just follow the sequence above. Note that this is not the oil level/pressure warning light which is to be taken seriously.

I've tried what the manual said and still no luck, the spanner still remains on the display and the OIL warning still flashes when I start the car. All its done is reset my trip counter every time I've tried it. It says press the reset button next to the display which I did for 2 minutes with the ignition switched off and with it switched on and there's no difference. Any other ideas?

Thanks

OK, switch off the ignition and remove the key, hold down the trip meter reset and continue to hold while you put the key back in and turn on ignition but not staring the car....After approx 10 seconds the OIL and Spanner will dissapear.

Hope this helps

The reason the service light can come up before the milage is actually due is because most modern cars have a sensor which checks on oil quality so if the car thinks that its oil is dirty before the due milage it will start shouting at you for an oil change. To reset switch off ignition and press reset **** of trip computer and hold in. Switch on ignition and release reset button and one of the service events will come up (oil service or inspection service). Switch between the readouts by briefly pressing the reset button. When you are on the one you want (oil or inspection) turn the button for the clock to the right abd service --- will display. Switch off the ignition and it will be reset.

Steve

Steve