Radio Cut Out

Anyone else had a problem where every couple of minutes on the radio you get a very brief blank period/cut out before normal sound is resumed? Happens on all channels so nothing to do with reception. Any ideas? :confused:

Funnily enough , mine did this today , it seems to happen when the wipers are on 'intermittent' , i wonder if its something to do with the CANBUS wiring system? PS I was listening to a CD at the time , and it has doen this several times , always with wipers on inter.

Dmac shouldn't that read Canibus wiring system, all i ever get with that is flashing lights.;)

But seriously, what is a CANBUS wiring system when it's at home?

:cheers:

Delcac

As far as I am aware (i am no expert on these matters!) the facelift Octavia is equipped with CANBUS wiring , ie there are 2 wires running thru the whole car handling information for all the electrical equipment , rather than the standard wiring system where each peice of equipment has wires going to it from the central loom. If i have mucked this desciption up i apologise!

This is a bit technical but gives some idea of what the CANbus does:

CAN or Controller Area Network is a serial bus system designed for networking "intelligent" devices as well as sensors and actuators within a system.

CAN was originally developed by Bosch for passenger car applications. Nowadays, the majority of European carmakers are using CAN networks at least for the engine management. US carmakers have also decided to use CAN in power-engine applications, and the Asian companies have already started to develop CAN-based in-vehicle networks.

Since 1992, Mercedes-Benz has been using CAN in their upper-class passenger cars. As a first step, the electronic control units taking care of the engine management were connected via CAN. In a second step, the control units needed for body electronics followed. Two physically separate CAN bus systems were implemented, connected via gateways. Other car manufacturers have followed the example of their peers from Stuttgart and now usually also implement two CAN networks in their passenger cars. After Volvo, Saab, Volkswagen and BMW, now also Renault and Fiat use CAN in their vehicles.

CAN networks used in engine management connect several ECUs (electronic control units). Mercedes-Benz was the first manufacturer who implemented CAN. Most of the other European automobile manufacturers also have implemented a CAN high-speed network (e.g. 500k bit/s) in their power-engine systems.

In addition, some passenger cars are equipped with CAN-based multiplex systems connecting body electronic ECUs. These networks running at lower data-rates, e.g. 125k bit/s. Most of them are using not the high-speed transceivers compliant with ISO 11898-2, but fault-tolerant transceivers compliant with ISO 11898-3. These multiplex networks link door and roof control units as well as lighting control units and seat control units.

What happened to my walk today...............dog.gif ???.