Open my ears to music...

ColinD

• Administrators

Well for about erm 5 months now I've existed pretty much on groove electric, pod runner and other online feeds mixed in with some other stuff; FSOD, art of trance the odd rendition of he-man for SWMBO...oops public forum...back up a bit...the flumps! haha well anyway, madness not withstanding I love anything with a good temp beat, not too much...don't laugh, but electronic crap, oh and soporific ballads are a no no so no jimmy blunt.

By crap I mean the stuff that is pssst pssst psst ding get my concept? Ok cool, so anything up to about 150 bpm works for me while I'm working, too old to work much faster...

Genere's erm itunes front page sections :) but I love celtic old world, and trance, so anything that bridges them that is worth a listen or even stands proud in it's own class, could you open my ears to it?

All suggestions will be searched upon and if I end up buying some, I might even gift thee a voucher or something...I really need new music that switches my head on :)

ps I love other stuff too, deep purple, led zep, 80's in general or a slow day et al....just not this psst psst psst ding, excluding tasteful mixes of modern trance / house; odd yes I know It's my trademark.

pps checkout podrunner :) or grooveelectric they be terrific, things like funky old cortina, police and all sorts end up int them (Groove electric that is)

Ok

Had job translating much of what you said :P

Can't help too much with trance etc

But FWIW

Mary Fahl - Irish (US) singer - gorgeous voice

Joe Satriani - awesome guitar, hooks that you just cannot get rid of

Anoushka Shankar - Indian, contemporary, brill

Mary Black - Irish folk and other - gorgeous voice

John Martyn - used to do some stuff with Phil Collins - some of his stuff very good