What is your fav British meal

Octygone

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best-known commercial brand is Mr Brain's Faggots, a frozen food product available in Britain and Ireland, which is made up of liver and onions rolled into meatballs and served in a sauce. These faggots differ significantly from the traditional recipe

so that's why i like them so much,just liver and onions in a ball.(see my other favourites :D )

Mmmm! Fig rolls and custard. Well pretty much anything under custard actually... :o

Mo

Ooops! Did we invent custard? Don't know.

Found this info and it may be between the english and french so I would give you that one ;)

Custard comes from the Anglo-Norman word crustade, which in turn goes back to the Old French crouste meaning ‘crust’. A custard was originally an open pie of meat or fruit (the name referred to the pie’s pastry shell or crust). The filling included stock or milk, often thickened with eggs.

By around 1600 the term had become used for a dish in its own right, made of eggs beaten into milk and cooked.