hey, ive had my skoda for over a year and personally i LOVE it. but ive always wanted to modify a car (not a crazy amount, just bits) but i cant find anything for a skoda felicia. was wondering if anyone new if parts for other cars such as a polo or something would work..both performance parts and styling?

hey, ive had my skoda for over a year and personally i LOVE it. but ive always wanted to modify a car (not a crazy amount, just bits) but i cant find anything for a skoda felicia. was wondering if anyone new if parts for other cars such as a polo or something would work..both performance parts and styling?

Hi Mike,

You can try MILOTEC - Auto-Extras - Skoda Tuning f

It is hard to find parts that you can use to mod your car inexpensively so you might have to do a bit of searching and put alot of work in.

I have found recently that it was easier to get garage to make me a straight through backbox then buy one off the shelf, and it was half the price.

other mods that will help performance would be to put some bigger wheels on 4x100pcd

go for 15's not sure if 16's will but think its possible. You can get k&n ait filters off ebay for the car but is a standard replacement for the original one, has helped slightly with the one i have got , I am planning to drill the crap out of my air box below the air filter to help a little more :-).

You can put a funnel and tubing to the air filter also comming from fog light grill has put (helps more air get to air filter) another 5mph on the clock.

I went for a dtm front splitter and universal spolier but am going to be getting a few bits from here eBay My World - uni_car_tuning not sure what quality is like but seems ok .

Also I have been told that renualt side skirts cut and worked on a bit will do the felicia and also a front octavia bumper on the back and back splitter on the front of the car will car on the front of the felicia.

hope this helps.

I am planning to drill the crap out of my air box below the air filter to help a little more :-).

please don't drill it too much, im warning you now, i did it on my old tuned moped, it wont run properly at all if you have too many holes!:(

And as for styling, try audi A3, or golf mark 3,

I plan to get a skyline bodykit, it looks really good and the place were i have it done can make it fit, so im on to a winner there!

oh yes i agree with that, a moped engine is no car!

however it helped with like 2 holes, after 8 it didnt work :-(

yeah the hot air thing is always a problem,

but there is a sensor in the airbox that opens a flap to draw in for cold or hot air from the two pipes, one from the engine the other from around the foglight,

so would that sensor then realise hot air is coming in and open the cold pipe?

oh yes i agree with that, a moped engine is no car!

however it helped with like 2 holes, after 8 it didnt work :-(

yeah the hot air thing is always a problem,

but there is a sensor in the airbox that opens a flap to draw in for cold or hot air from the two pipes, one from the engine the other from around the foglight,

so would that sensor then realise hot air is coming in and open the cold pipe?

Wouldnt be much point in that if there are a load of holes in the airbox as they will bypass any inlet into the box anyhow.

yeah, think im mostly trying to make the exterior look a bit meaner first.. or maybe little bits to the performance but im not to sure what i can actually do that wont completely cripple my bank balance (insurance:( !!)

At the moment im looking for a bodykit because ive got a scratch all down the side of my car and a few bits need touching up so i thought i mite aswell try getting a bodykit then doing the paint and all that at once.

wasnt goind to do anything to this car and then do up my next car but after seeing what some people have done to theres im all for it

haha yeah, had some people in a rover overtake me and turned out they was getting on the motorway so i overtook them at 110 :) LOVE SKODAS, no1 thinks they can do stuff like that lol

i want a kinda subtle mod to the outside, not to much but i cant resist it any longer so gotta do something

you know of any things i can do to improve the performance but wouldnt do to much damage to my insurance?

Yep bet that gets all those people in the Big Massive W****r's, and Mercedes Bendz, and Citroen Craxpo's everytime :) They all seem to look at the badge of my car and pull into the outside lane.

Don't get caught speeding though guy's ;) lol. Best not to speed and campaign for an increase in national limits for cars maybe? :D

I tend to think acceleration is the measure of a car. I accelerate hard when next to the BMW's at the lights and go ahead of them, then stick to the limit or about 5mph over and let them pick up speed and drive past me. One thing Skoda's are good at doing is pulling away from the lights :) although mine empties the jet washer down the rear screen when accelerating hard for some reason :)

haha youll love this then :P

was at some lights and was next to an M5 lol ... zoomed away from him and then there was some lights further down so he couldnt really do much. but then i chose to pull away really slowly and he absolutely rocketed away, think he was a bit embarrased :P

haha yeah, had some people in a rover overtake me and turned out they was getting on the motorway so i overtook them at 110 :) LOVE SKODAS, no1 thinks they can do stuff like that lol

I used to have a rover 214 twin cam 16 valve and the first thing i noticed when i got my skoda 1.3 was that low down torque is much better. However i do think that using the revs that the Rover has the edge and revved right round to neat 7000rpm before the red line. burnt oil like a ******* mind but a car people knock too easily as not a lot goes wrong with them

I am with pinkscud do some subtle mods where it counts under the skin.

yeahh i want to do one or two cheapishhh performance mods that wouldnt effect insurance to much, dont have a clue what to get though. any ideas?

but for the outside im gonna get a body kit that doesnt stand out to badly just to make it look a bit different really. though most of the bodykits ive found dont look that mad anyway.

yeahh i want to do one or two cheapishhh performance mods that wouldnt effect insurance to much, dont have a clue what to get though. any ideas?

but for the outside im gonna get a body kit that doesnt stand out to badly just to make it look a bit different really. though most of the bodykits ive found dont look that mad anyway.

performance mods that don't hurt the insurance - better dampers and brakes.

yes it was a 2 smoke, i mean stroke.

I picked that one up from my biker mates. And it explains why more holes didn't equal more speed; you dropped the airbox pressure, and got some of the charge flowing backwards on the compression stroke as a result.

surely though it would drop the pressure in a car too.

then again car air-boxes are a bit bigger.

tuning Mopeds are fun but not as good as a big bike!

oh and trust me I know!

What is the biggest flow difference between a 2 and 4 stroke engine? The valves in the 4-stroke! Which means that you don't depend on pressure (standing or wave pressure) to contain the charge during the compression and power strokes on the 4-stroke engine. Yes, you can still use pressure waves on a 4-stroke to scavenge the cylinders on the exhaust stroke, but (ignoring forced induction systems) the key to optimising the charge delivery on the induction stroke on a 4 is to minimise pressure loss over the system.