Factory ordered? What timeframe were you quoted?

I've just been told that the estimated delivery time of my Roomster Scout (Ordered June 13, est. delivery Sept. 13th as printed on invoice) will now be "the end of September".

Good news is it's been built, and potentially sitting on a dockside. Bad news is "they have to wait for a large consignment before shipping to the UK." :confused: It's actually not too bad that it's later in the month for me, although 13 or possibly 14 weeks for a factory order seems quite long.

Just interested in others' quoted and actual delivery times.

The 1st dealer I went to quoted me 8 weeks, sadly the deal they offered wasn't up to scratch.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered my Roomster in the end of July. Dealer told me that the car will be on production in the end of August and delivered mid-September.

We'll see.

I have prepared myself that the delivery might be in the end of September, because I ordered lot of extras mounted by dealer (for example el. heating for oil sump, mud flaps, towing equipment etc.)

Well, just to compare - these are events of a year ago, and took place in Latvia. I placed an order on August 10, 2006 (and Roomster was not on actual sale on the Latvian market then) and they schedulled the delivery on November 1. So it was a pleasant surprise to pick up the car on October 19. And it was even more pleasant to find the car equipped with 4 electric windows while I had not specified that in my order, although the dealer offered rear door electric windows at an extra cost. Seems that basic specifications' equipment was not finally defined yet.

Just had a call from the dealer and if I wanted to, I could collect my Scout at the beginning of next week (nearly 14 weeks from ordering). So, it's nearly here!

But, as impatient as I am, I'm going to go for later in the month anyway due to work commitments and holidays. Around the 22nd is looking good :)

• 2 weeks later...

Found out today my Scout originally expected this week will now not be built till the middle of October due to the popularity of this model and the number of options I specified.

Quite a big delay! I would have liked it sooner but at least I won't have to start paying for it for a while longer. Still happy I'm having a fresh car built rather than a Ford or something which has been knocking about in a field somewhere for months on end.

Finally got mine parked on the drive. Yee-ha!! :D

No mudflaps, as although they're featured in the accessories brochure (and the dealer ordered them for me), they do not fit the Scout. Shame, it would have been one of the few things to differentiate mine from the rest of the silver Scouts that we've seen pics of.

The other will be the non-black interior plastic, of course (pics by end of the week, I hope). I have to say that the two tone interior doesn't look half as bad as I thought it would and I'm pretty pleased with it.

Only driven about 10 miles in it so far and the gearbox is quite tight (as one would expect) and there was evidence of a clonking noise turning the steering wheel to the far right and left but have to wait and see whether it's anything to worry about.

Car seems to turn heads from the VRs crew - saw a Fabia VRs and an Octavia VRs driver take a second seemingly admiring look.

Will take a few runs in it before the weekend is out, but now absorbing the handbook (not the best plain English!) and trying to get to grips with the central locking/alarm/safe system, the Climatronic and the interior bike storage system!

All in all, I'm delighted to have joined the Scouts (and at age 41 too)!

Ordered my Scout on 17th July with most options. Was a factory build. Was quoted about 10 weeks. Arrived at the dealer last Tuesday (Withams in Hersham) and picked it up yesterday which equates to exactly 10 weeks to the dealer!

Looks great in Ocean Blue although I wasn't sure it would when I ordered it. So far I'm very pleased with it over the first 39 miles and the cornering foglights are certainly amusing going around mini roundabouts.

Ordered my Scout on 17th July with most options. Was a factory build. Was quoted about 10 weeks. Arrived at the dealer last Tuesday (Withams in Hersham) and picked it up yesterday which equates to exactly 10 weeks to the dealer!

Looks great in Ocean Blue although I wasn't sure it would when I ordered it. So far I'm very pleased with it over the first 39 miles and the cornering foglights are certainly amusing going around mini roundabouts.

Congratulations :) Looks like mine will be about 10 weeks for build but I guess it'll take a couple more to get here after that.

What engine did you go for?

And pics please! You too MusicalSkoda!

See Below.

nhallwood

Briskodian

Car: Ocean Blue RooScout (1.6 16v Tiptronic)

Thanks MusicalSkoda, hows the ownership experience going?

Will be interested to hear what you think of the bike rack once you've used it as I ordered it on mine too.

I think the top of the dash is the same on all Roomsters, just the bottom part is different colours (black, grey or ivory)

Today is the Day

Although the car was at dealer in the beginning of September it was today delivered to me.

Nice one M8, I hope you and Olive the Roomster will be very happy!:thumbup:

Seems to have been a bit of an issue. As mine is apparently the first and currently the only Scout to have cruise the logistics system held the car as it thought it was an error in the spec and it wasn't delivered :(

Gotta wait another week now :(