New member need re-map advice

I've got an 05 Octavia VRs which I want to tweak a bit, looking at a re-map with possibly an exhaust. Need to keep things simple as it's the wife's daily driver. I've heard some good and bad stories about Revo, what's your thoughts on the best map. I've used Stealth in the past but been recommended to use Jabba Sport and there is also Custom Code to consider. I'm in the south J4 M40, who would you use and what sort of power and reliability issues have you guys had? Is it worth doing a CAT back exhaust or is there nothing to gain without doing the down pipe and hi-flow CAT?

Cheers

Gareth

P.S. It's my red Vento 3.2 ITB on the cover of next months PVW :D

I cant comment personally on the mapping companies youre mentioning but Jabba is one of the most reputable around.

You most certainly do not need to get anything done prior to the remap bar what I did - a full service. You can fork out for the exhaust etc but the gains will only be small and costly - the remap alone should keep you happy.

Would changing the pannel filter to K&N improve anything or is that another waist of cash? After a long search on here it looks like Jabba custom map is the way to go. Is there any benefit in changing the dump valve to a forged item or is the standard OEM good enough after a re-map? I'd like to keep things looking standard if possible.

I was interested in the adjustable boost controller, seamed like a good idea to be able to run low boost for a slow motorway cruise and dial up boost when you want a thrash. Any idea on price if anyone has gone down this route?

The Forge 007p will be alot more robust than the OE one, but OE would otherwise be fine. If it does turn faulty at any point you can always go the upgraded route then. It used to come in back, so looks less obvious than silver, though its well hidden under the engine cover in any case.

Panel filter 'should' get a better figure post map than the paper filter, but I don't think the gain is massive, personal taste with that really (although it should be more effective, plus its reusable). If you wanted to replace the entire airbox, go the Carbonio route, pricey but sounds nice and gets good gains with the map.

If you can, get the exhaust on before the map, best gains that way..

..and you already know my opinions on the best tuner!:thumbup:

Oh.. and welcome to the site.

Hi

There are alot of maps available out there and all people tend to reccomend what they have

I believe that there is not just 1 company that will suit everyone

Location is one that will come in to it

Go for a repitable company that quite a few others have tried

Location in case you have a problem

You tend to find that the map will not cause problems , but if you have a small underlying fault then having a remap will make it more obviouse

That is why you tend to find that a diagnostic check is done befroe and after the remap

Cheap is not always better is another pointer

Air filter , yes worth doing before the remp

Will not give may gains , but does help the engine breath a bit better

Better air flow will = better throttle response

007P as has been mentioned , can be replaced afterwards if needed

Go on have a remap and it will give you :D all ways

Sarah