Smoothly does it

des_pd_ tdi

You lot must be getting fedup of my Roomster posts recently :)

Today was the pick up, sad to see my VRS go, gave it a last blast up the M40, and a few nice corners (without the ARB) not so nice but still enjoyable, then took it in for part-ex.

To keep it short and sweet I've listed pros and cons after, what 7 hours of ownership.

u

PROS

Increased MPG (result of a more relaxed drive and comfort)

Better quality interior, including dashboard illumination (for those that have maxidot the dial needles are white, nice touch)

The amount of space and no worrying if anything will fit in the boot.

Climatronic is excellent

CONS

Slightly noisier on the motorway, however I found myself drifting back and settling around the 65-75 MPH mark.

No sixth gear

A pillar/wing mirror prove to cause a large blindspot

Brakes gave me a shock :) need to get used to them and apply more grunt.

Overall though coming from 130bhp to 105bhp is not really that bad, as above it's a much more relaxed drive and I won't bother with a remap. I need to order the boot cover, the one that sits between the back seats and parcel shelf, will pop into my local dealer and order one tomorrow, oh and an ipod lead.

Cheers

Des

I need to order the boot cover, the one that sits between the back seats and parcel shelf, will pop into my local dealer and order one tomorrow, oh and an ipod lead.

Cool, keep the reports coming. How's the handling?

Those two things you mention are exactly what I will be ordering from the dealer too! And possibly some boot netting, did yours come with any?

Piccies? :)

You lot must be getting fedup of my Roomster posts recently

Not at all! :thumbup:

I hadn't really considered the boot cover much before as I'm not sure just how big a gap is left if the rear seats are slid forward (is there no gap if they're fully back?) but I am now.

I ordered the mp3 player lead and went for the shorter length option, so I hope there's somewhere handy to place my Zune without it getting in the way!

It's great to read the direct comparison with your VRs Des and it'll be interesting to see how you settle into Roomster Scout ownership as the months pass.

In fact, with OctaviaT81, yourself and me, we could start a new branch of the Scouts! Dib! Dib! Dib! (showing my age there :eek: )

Overall though coming from 130bhp to 105bhp is not really that bad, as above it's a much more relaxed drive and I won't bother with a remap.

Your right, its not that bad at all, done the same myself (all be it to a MkV Golf with the 105bhp engine)...... A remap will give you a even more relaxed drive (really smooths the power delivery out) plus you'll have the same (if not more) than a standard 130bhp TDI should you feel the need to give it some beans :thumbup:

Your right, its not that bad at all, done the same myself (all be it to a MkV Golf with the 105bhp engine)...... A remap will give you a even more relaxed drive (really smooths the power delivery out) plus you'll have the same (if not more) than a standard 130bhp TDI should you feel the need to give it some beans :thumbup:

It is 50kg lighter than the VRS as well. I found it very similar to driving my old PD100 mk4 golf which is no bad thing in any way.

Anyone know how the pd105 reacts long term to remapping?

Right here goes, I've added a few photos I took today, nothing fancy but will add some decent shots of the interior tomorrow whilst I'm out. Let me know if any of you owners to be would like anything specific.

IMG_3159.jpg

IMG_3160.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg

Front Passenger seat is pretty much as far back as it can go.

IMG_3162.jpg

Cheers

Des

Glad all is well with the new Scout, I am still over the moon with mine although I came from a Fabia Elegance estate so there is a slight power increase for me.

The boot cover is a must other additons I have made have been the door sill guards which are tricky to fit nicely and I have fitted my Nokia ck7 phone kit withouthaving to cut any wires by using an Autoleads telemutelead and a 06 ignition sense box which works fantasticly well.

Dib dib dib!!!!!

Thats the ones I fitted, the ally ones were far too expensive, because they fit slightly over the sill lip your positioning has to be spot on or else they will stick out towards the door, there is no repositioning once they are down and because they are so thin they will break if you try to ull them back up.

Great pics Des, any chance of one of the back of the rear seats showing how much of a gap is left between them and the parcel shelf? I don't actually recall noting this when I saw a Scout.

And thanks also to PAArsko for the info about the door sill covers (and the care required on fitting). Think I'll order them too.

Absolutely everyone, it seems, has the black dash trim. I'm unfortunate enough to have made a wrong choice in two-tone grey. I don't know what I was thinking!! Dealer called me at work to make a choice and I guess it must've been at a time when I couldn't spend much time working out that black will look so much smarter.

I rang the dealer two days after ordering the grey dash plastic with a change of mind but it would seem that a) the order had already been placed and B) the salesperson that I dealt with was away and the message I left for them didn't reach them. :mad: (I asked them 6 weeks later whether they got my message and they hadn't, although they said that it would've been too later even two days after ordering.)

It is 50kg lighter than the VRS as well. I found it very similar to driving my old PD100 mk4 golf which is no bad thing in any way.

Anyone know how the pd105 reacts long term to remapping?

Haven't got a clue mate.... be able to tell you in a few years time !!

For what its worth the engine dosen't seem to be pushed to the limits as it can with a 130bhp remap..... no DMF vibrations etc under hard acceleration etc... it all seems to feel well within the engines limits. If anything it just seems to smooth things out more rather than just be about max bhp :thumbup:

With ref to the sill guards, I think if i ever fitted another set I would ignore the sticky pads on the guards and have a go at bedding them down on clear silicone sealant, then they could be slid into the correct position and after the excess was cleared up leave them to bond down over night.

I'm have some pics of the armrest and rear seat gap to upload later on this evening. I also ordered the boot cover, ipod lead, and sun glasses holder today ready to collect on Wednesday, just need to order my roof bars now. Cheapest price so far is £104 (roofracks.co.uk), I'm not prepared to pay Skoda's £125 when they are exactly the same Thule bars.

Think I'll give the sills covers a miss.

Des

I'm have some pics of the armrest and rear seat gap to upload later on this evening. I also ordered the boot cover, ipod lead, and sun glasses holder today ready to collect on Wednesday, just need to order my roof bars now. Cheapest price so far is £104 (roofracks.co.uk), I'm not prepared to pay Skoda's £125 when they are exactly the same Thule bars.

Des

How about some outside pics too? :)

Does the sunglasses holder go behind the courtesy lights on the ceiling?

Right here are some more images, as requested.

Centre seat as far back as it will go, quite a gap left so there boot cover is on order and will be here Wednesday, so expect another post.

IMG_3214.jpg

The seat on the right is reclined to the max.

IMG_3215.jpg

Crazy MPG after an extremely short 1 minute journey, I had it upto 54MPG whilst driving back from Oxford the other day so definately more economical than the VRs.

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3218.jpg

My sunglasses are in the armrest till my roof glasses holder arrives, this sits in between the light console and the vent thing in the headlining.

IMG_3219.jpg

Funnily enough no exterior picture yet, need them for my website I've created but need to add more detail first.

Cheers

Des

Thanks for the pics, Des. :thumbup:

That's quite some gap between the rear of the rear seats and the parcel shelf!!

Decron - here are Skoda Accessories across the model range with part number and price given.

I can find the Roomster Boot cover but not the sunglasses holder. I think that the sunglasses holder is an Octavia accessory but I'm not certain and haven't found it myself yet.

Thanks for the pics, Des. :thumbup:

That's quite some gap between the rear of the rear seats and the parcel shelf!!

Decron - here are Skoda Accessories across the model range with part number and price given.

I can find the Roomster Boot cover but not the sunglasses holder. I think that the sunglasses holder is an Octavia accessory but I'm not certain and haven't found it myself yet.

I'll do a full on post with part numbers and pictures when my parts arrive.

Des